140 GB Serial ATA hard drive
Radeon X600 /w 256 MB of HyperMemory, 8x agp
DVD-R/RW drive
a sigma tel audio card
19"" LCD monitor
Logitech MX518 gaming mouse
Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 v 1.0
set of Altec Lansing headphones with a built in Microphone

for 600 dollars, the guy want's to stop gaming, and it's a dell custom e510. I wasn't planning on buying a P4, or a prebuilt, but it seems like a really good deal and I was thinking I could switch out as time goes on. Any thoughts?

More about : system fast

February 6, 2007 3:56:00 PM

Quote:
I've been offered this system

Intel Pentium 4 3.00GHz Processor
2.00 GB of RAM dual channeled
140 GB Serial ATA hard drive
Radeon X600 /w 256 MB of HyperMemory, 8x agp
DVD-R/RW drive
a sigma tel audio card
19"" LCD monitor
Logitech MX518 gaming mouse
Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 v 1.0
set of Altec Lansing headphones with a built in Microphone

for 600 dollars, the guy want's to stop gaming, and it's a dell custom e510. I wasn't planning on buying a P4, or a prebuilt, but it seems like a really good deal and I was thinking I could switch out as time goes on. Any thoughts?

No... No, no, HELL no.

Sounds like a good deal for HIM. You can't switch out as time goes on either. Pentium 4's are over the hill, it probably uses regular DDR SDRAM meaning no DDR2. AGP is out-dated. Dell 4:3 LCD monitors have horrible response times. (Probably 16MS or something)

I'm selling my AMD rig for around $600 and my rig destroys that one in comparison.

AMD64 3000+ Venice OC'ed to 2.4 gigahertz. (3700+ speeds, 3.7ghz Intel equivalent)
1 GB dual channel DDR400
BFG 7600GT OC edition
SLI DFI socket 939 Ultra-D motherboard
DVD/CDRW combo drive Samsung
80 GB Ultra ATA133 hard-drive
MX500 optical mouse (Gaming 518 has NO features the 500 doesn't)

There's plenty of better deals out there. If you're willing to use a cheap monitor, you could build your own AMD rig that would destroy that one in comparison. The X600 is a horrible gaming card. At most you could play World of Warcraft at crap settings on that.

Quit gaming? Yeah right, he probably wants to stiff you for the change to buy himself a new rig.
!