Hi,
I usually have Auto Update turned on, but noticed earlier this week, that
the downlod seemed to get stuck.
I decided to skip the auto update and just go to the Windows Update site at
Microsoft.com.
I made it to the MS Home Page, but when I clicked on the Windows Update
link, IE stopped responding and I had to end task to get out of it. This has
continued to happen everytime I try and go to the update page.
I have tried this also going through AOL with same result.
If I use Netscape as my browser, I can get to the page, but since it does
not detect IE, it will not check for updates.

Any idea what has caused this and any fixes? It appears I can download
another IE using Netscape, but I am afraid I might lose everything when I
install it.

Thanks for any help.

Go to Kelly'sKorner at http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm, select
"W" in the top and scroll down to Windows Update. Kelly addresses many WU
issues.

For repairing or reinstalling IE, see:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318378