Gigabyte-965P-DS3 Rev1/Rev2? Help Please!

Viceras

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2007
Hello all,

After reading many reviews and after receiving much feedback on these forums i've decided to go with the Gigabyte-965P-DS3, i965 Rev2.0.

Now my question is apart from the look of the board what has changed between rev1 and rev2? I can't seem to find a review of the Rev2 and i've already ordered it ;)

If you can share your experiences with this board i'd be greatful!

-GJ-

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
I think the only difference is rev2 provides "a 100% solid capacitor design for greater stability when overclocking."

Other than that I'm not too sure. If you're considering buying one you might want to look at the 965P-DS3P (P stands for Pro) which has more features than the DS3, such as CrossFire support and firewire I believe. Although it is a little bit more expensive but not as expensive as the 965P-DQ6, which only provides better cooling if I'm not mistaken.

Hope that helps, I know it isn't a lot of info.

Viceras

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2007
thanks for your reply but i believe they both (DS3 Rev1 & Rev2) have 100% solid state caps its the S3 that doesnt on the face of it, it appears they're more or less the same perhaps its more to do with the software or perhaps they've updated some hardware i just cannot find a review of the DS3 rev2 to be sure so if anyone has the DS3 Rev2 and has noticed a difference or has read a review and can give me the link i will be very grateful.

However I should be picking up the board tomorrow so i will post any differences i find when building with this board at the end of the month.

Thanks

Vic.