Need Lots of Opinions on this PSU!

kyosuke

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16817101021

The rating and all looks good from my point of view. and ePower is supposed to be made by the same people who make Tagan (i thnk it is). Good price point too for me.

My rig will consist of a Geforce 7900GS and wither a C2d E6400 or E4300, that will possible be OC'd to 2.4ghz, possibly. - I might just end up going with an Athlon X2 4600+ though.. We'll see.

Does this PSu look like it would suffice?

I want to be setup nicely, but I can't afford to add much on to my system cost, etc...

Thanks in advance!!!

Gary_Busey

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
I have the 500W version of that power supply and it's a great PSU. I wasn't sure about it at first, being only $50 and all, but it's worked out excellent for me. I have a pretty power hungry system, a P4, ATI x1950Pro AGP, 2GB ram, 2 80GB IDE hard drives, and 3 case fans, and I even had the P4 overclocked at one point, and have never had any problems. I've owned mine for over a year and a half. Plus, it came with a 3 year warranty so that's always good. Anyways, I'd say it's worth a shot, I love mine.

kyosuke

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
it's a pretty good PSU and has all the power you need for your system.
Nice! I was hoping afte your guide up top you'd be one of the ones to reply!

That's great. I spent alot of time searching this one out and was pleasantly surprised in reading of the reviews too!

Can't wait to actually get it and test it out!!!