multiplayer games

Hi all!

A friend of mine and myself bought Neverwinter Nights to quest together.
Now we are trying to figure out the online gameplay. When playing online
you have the opportunity to choose from several different gamemodes - such
as action, solo, story, story lite. We just want to go online and quest
together, which mode should we choose?

When connecting to a server there are - most of the time - more people
online, must we quest with them or is it possible to go our own way,
without having to worry about or bother the other people on that server?

I have tried to find the answers in the online manual and on serveral
websites (planetneverwinter.com, bioware.com, neverwinterconnections.com)
but couldn't find anything about this topic. Or did I just miss it?

Thanx!

C.

Rather than going online to a persistent world, I'd suggest you
download one of the many multplayer modules from the nwvault and play
with each other (stop sniggering, YKWIM).

That way, you can set up the rules and options that you want to play
under.

I occassionally play on a home network with my older son.

Chris,

I recommend getting both the expansions too, if you haven't already as
this will open up a lot of good persistent world servers.

Choose your category carefully, as you will (usually) get what you
expect from this..

PW Story are my favourite, as these are the closest (and better) thing
you would get to a commercial MMORPG.

Roleplay, and/or PW Action can be good too.

I find the best server i have used to be www.narfell.com - its a HotU
rated persistent world in the Faerun world.

If you are a Pen and Paper gamer for a few years, for DnD - or a
hardcore roleplayer, or wnting to learn how to do so.. then give it a
go.

I'm a player guide on there, so any questions - just ask.

People have spent years there, and it really does rival MMORPG's in my
opinion, - when you see the npcs's come aliver and you see the detailed
and intricate campaign the 24hr DM team have constructed you will be
impressed.

DP.