Bad Graphics Card? or something else..please help

My problem is this,.....
My monitor started to show really bad picture quality with fuzzy lines, stripes, ect.... to eliminate the monitor I had a back-up monitor....switched those out.. still same problem...Also, I check the hard drive same way, with a spare..still same picture quality..so I know its not my monitor or hard..
Does this mean my (Video Graphics card is dying on me) or something else??? Like my Motherboard
Please Help
My card is around 5yrs old (ddr-agp) card....
3 answers Last reply
More about graphics card else please help
  1. Quote:
    My problem is this,.....
    My monitor started to show really bad picture quality with fuzzy lines, stripes, ect.... to eliminate the monitor I had a back-up monitor....switched those out.. still same problem...Also, I check the hard drive same way, with a spare..still same picture quality..so I know its not my monitor or hard..
    Does this mean my (Video Graphics card is dying on me) or something else??? Like my Motherboard
    Please Help

It sounds like your video-card is kicking the bucket. Remember that while some parts have a 10 year life-line, temp conditions determine a lot of variables in card's lifetime.

Try opening your case and taking out your video-card, use a compressed air can to blow out any dust that's in the heatsink. Do the same with your case. (Outside or in a wide open area or the dust will just re-circulate into your components)

Uninstall and reinstall drivers for it. Try changing the resolution a few times.

If this doesn't work, also run your system and see if the fan on the video-card is actually turning on. Check the cable from the card's fan to the thing it connects to, make sure it's fastened and secure.

If none of this stuff is a problem or solves the problem, I'm pretty sure your card is going out.
  2. Quote:
    My problem is this,.....
    Please Help

It sounds like your video-card is kicking the bucket. Remember that while some parts have a 10 year life-line, temp conditions determine a lot of variables in card's lifetime.

Try opening your case and taking out your video-card, use a compressed air can to blow out any dust that's in the heatsink. Do the same with your case. (Outside or in a wide open area or the dust will just re-circulate into your components)

Uninstall and reinstall drivers for it. Try changing the resolution a few times.

If this doesn't work, also run your system and see if the fan on the video-card is actually turning on. Check the cable from the card's fan to the thing it connects to, make sure it's fastened and secure.

If none of this stuff is a problem or solves the problem, I'm pretty sure your card is going out.

Agree.. :)
  3. thankz.....I just wanted to confirm what I thought it was before I bought another video card....
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Monitors Graphics