G"day

I'm running XP Pro SP2 and want to know if it is possible to have folders
display the date in australian format rather than US - ie 31/1/05 rather than
1/31/05 - the dsame goes for displays in Office 2003, including outlook, if
its possibole to ask that question in this forum also. Thanks
R, Eddie

Hi,

Try this: Go to the Control Panel/Regional and Language options, change the
setting on the first tab to English (Australia).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Eddie Biggs" <EddieBiggs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> G"day
>
> I'm running XP Pro SP2 and want to know if it is possible to have folders
> display the date in australian format rather than US - ie 31/1/05 rather
> than
> 1/31/05 - the dsame goes for displays in Office 2003, including outlook,
> if
> its possibole to ask that question in this forum also. Thanks
> R, Eddie

Thanks Rick, that did the trick - so simple a solution that evaded me for so
long!
R, Eddie

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Try this: Go to the Control Panel/Regional and Language options, change the
> setting on the first tab to English (Australia).
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Eddie Biggs" <EddieBiggs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > G"day
> >
> > I'm running XP Pro SP2 and want to know if it is possible to have folders
> > display the date in australian format rather than US - ie 31/1/05 rather
> > than
> > 1/31/05 - the dsame goes for displays in Office 2003, including outlook,
> > if
> > its possibole to ask that question in this forum also. Thanks
> > R, Eddie

Hay you tried this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;es;307938#3 ?

"Eddie Biggs" <EddieBiggs@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:E7DC5C38-BEDB-4B95-88F3-DF587E042B54@microsoft.com...
> G"day
>
> I'm running XP Pro SP2 and want to know if it is possible to have folders
> display the date in australian format rather than US - ie 31/1/05 rather than
> 1/31/05 - the dsame goes for displays in Office 2003, including outlook, if
> its possibole to ask that question in this forum also. Thanks
> R, Eddie

Thanks for the help Jose, however, as an ignorant Aussie, my Spanish is
severely lacking and I couldn't read the page.
Cheers
Eddie

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en;307938#3

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:71E3202D-C771-4B32-A0EB-756093ACFAD4@microsoft.com,
Eddie Biggs <EddieBiggs@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Thanks for the help Jose, however, as an ignorant Aussie, my Spanish
> is severely lacking and I couldn't read the page.
> Cheers
> Eddie
>
> "José Gallardo" wrote:
>
>> Hay you tried this:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;es;307938#3 ?
>>
>> "Eddie Biggs" <EddieBiggs@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el
>> mensaje news:E7DC5C38-BEDB-4B95-88F3-DF587E042B54@microsoft.com...
>>> G"day
>>>
>>> I'm running XP Pro SP2 and want to know if it is possible to have
>>> folders display the date in australian format rather than US - ie
>>> 31/1/05 rather than 1/31/05 - the dsame goes for displays in Office
>>> 2003, including outlook, if its possibole to ask that question in
>>> this forum also. Thanks
>>> R, Eddie

Thanks WEsley - that did it

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en;307938#3
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:71E3202D-C771-4B32-A0EB-756093ACFAD4@microsoft.com,
> Eddie Biggs <EddieBiggs@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Thanks for the help Jose, however, as an ignorant Aussie, my Spanish
> > is severely lacking and I couldn't read the page.
> > Cheers
> > Eddie
> >
> > "José Gallardo" wrote:
> >
> >> Hay you tried this:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;es;307938#3 ?
> >>
> >> "Eddie Biggs" <EddieBiggs@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el
> >> mensaje news:E7DC5C38-BEDB-4B95-88F3-DF587E042B54@microsoft.com...

All I did was change one letter in Jose's link. From es to en, so you could
read it in English instead of Spanish.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes