DennyCraneBL

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2006
I'm running a machine with 2GB of memory and a Connect 3D X700 PRO 128MB GDDR3 DVI TVO PCI-E (QF: 119151) card, recently I noticed my system slowing when I got near using around 900MB of memory ... knowing I have 2 gigs it didn't make sense, Windows Media Player then stopped working because of insufficient memory.

Well, I checked my Display Drivers and its taking a whopping 767MB of system memory for the card, brining the total to 895 which is an incredibly high amount ... is there a way to stop it taking so much? Its insane ... my apps need it more than it does.

mpjesse

Splendid
yes, quite a common problem with these hypermemory and turbocache cards. there should be a setting in the display properties to prevent it from using so much system memory. if there isn't, download ATI's latest display drivers.

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
yes, quite a common problem with these hypermemory and turbocache cards. there should be a setting in the display properties to prevent it from using so much system memory. if there isn't, download ATI's latest display drivers.

Did u even read the post? Sheesh.. :roll:

He said its taking 750MB of memory and that its an X700 Pro with 128MB of RAM!

There is no way the card is taking 750MB, as its not supposed to be taking anything at all. I need to see a screen cap of this to believe it.

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
Hmm, not very familier with Vista..

Well, when the graphics cards needs more RAM than it has onboard then it does infact use the system RAM. But the fact that the RAM is allocated for this task is not usuall. The graphics card just uses the RAM as a system task - much like any program and just the same as u dont have to allocate a certain ammount of RAM for Photoshop, u shouldnt have to for this.

The graphics card will never need more than 500MB of RAM, and that is only at very very high resolutions. Are u sure that the RAM isnt just allocated but isnt being used?

Can u change the ammount of allocated memory? Again, this seems wierd, but if its infact allocated, u should be able to lessen the ammount.

kaotao

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2006
I was talking to that troll, not to you. If you'd been around a while, you'd know why myself and a whole lot of other people in the forumz dislike this a-hole. Would you like some links to this guy giving abolutely terrible advise, or asking questions, and then criticizing the answers he gets? :roll: If you want to see some "stupid" posting, take a look at some of this guy's work.

ragemonkey

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006

TRENDING THREADS