Sign in with
Your question

Please help with kingston HiperX!!!

Last response: in Memory
February 6, 2007 5:29:46 PM

Hello!!

i´ve recently bought a kingston module of hiperx rated at 2,3,2,6 1t, the fact is that this module is able to do that configuration at stock speed of 400, but afterwards, you can try at no matter which speed, that the computer will not boot.

actually i am using a 512 module of geil value ram, doing 450 (225 x 2) at 2.5 3-3-7 and some other configurations that normally don't affect at all the way in which this module behaves. in any case, if you need extra information, i can provide it.

the fact is that this kingston module cannot do even 412, at any timings possible. will not boot at 412 in 2-3-2-6, 2-3-3-6, 2-3-3-7,2-4-4-8 and will not boot either in 2.5 and 3 at any of the timings said above. i´m trying at 2.8v with no positive result. so, would any of you be so kind to tell me if this is extensible to all of the modules of kingston...or is it that i should rma it? in many reviews, i´ve seen that they say this memory has its limits somewhere between 460 and 470. Acording to this, my module should have same very important issue. Does anyone of you have this module,o references, or timings that you know they work without problem??

thanks a lot.

More about : kingston hiperx

February 6, 2007 8:35:32 PM

Quote:
...in many reviews, i´ve seen that they say this memory has its limits somewhere between 460 and 470. ...

Memory modules change all the time, even while keeping the same part number, so it is unlikely that the module you have and the modules in those reviews (especially if more than a few weeks old) are the same. Since the module does seem to work properly at its rated speed and timings, you may have a hard time RMAing it. This is disappointing, but I'm not sure what you can do about it -- have you tried Kingston tech support?
February 7, 2007 7:31:34 AM

no, i haven´t cause saying that i want al least that module to do 412...is the same as saying that i want to overclock, and normally they tend to put the phone down.

i can rma, cause i have 7 days, but i want to know if i´m doing something wrong cause the price of this module is very nice, only 96€.

Lets see if anyone else can help me with this settings...
Related resources
February 7, 2007 8:23:30 AM

it´s not the case, its running alone.

the fact is that, i`ve read in some reviews, that this ram does not deal very well with more voltage, i´ve also tried with stock voltage with no result.

i think i'm going to rma, cause i am having too many dificulties. i wanted this ram to do 450 at at least 2,5 3,3,7 and i am afraid this will not happen.

what about ocz?? OCZT4001G is this one a good idea?. its an ocz titanium XTC pc 3200 1 gb 2,3,2,5 1t. the price is very nice aswell.

thanks!!
February 7, 2007 11:23:17 PM

Quote:
...the price of this module is very nice, only 96€....

Unfortunately, cheaper modules are usually less overclockable...
!