"...encountered a problem & needs to close."...help?

During installation of a program I get the message:
"GLJ2.tmp has encountered a problem and needs to close"
How can I find the source of the issue and hopefully fix it?

Details:
This program was previously installed and worked fine for a long time until
I recently uninstalled and tried to reinstall..
The same file works fine on another PC.
This is a DirectX program.
I have XP SP2, DirectX 9.

What I tried:
I have tried starting in every compatibility mode...w/same result.
I have tried to install during Safe Mode...same result.
I have stopped all firewall, virus, worms scans...same result
I have successfully installed on another PC w/XP SP2.
I have done a system restore to a week earlier...same bad result.

I must be something that is configured on my PC that I hope is easy to
change, since it works on the other PC.

Any tips appreciated to trouble shoot and hopefully find a solution.

Thanks

What program?

"jtsnow" <jtsnow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> During installation of a program I get the message:
> "GLJ2.tmp has encountered a problem and needs to close"
> How can I find the source of the issue and hopefully fix it?
>
> Details:
> This program was previously installed and worked fine for a long time
> until I recently uninstalled and tried to reinstall..
> The same file works fine on another PC.
> This is a DirectX program.
> I have XP SP2, DirectX 9.
>
> What I tried:
> I have tried starting in every compatibility mode...w/same result.
> I have tried to install during Safe Mode...same result.
> I have stopped all firewall, virus, worms scans...same result
> I have successfully installed on another PC w/XP SP2.
> I have done a system restore to a week earlier...same bad result.
>
> I must be something that is configured on my PC that I hope is easy to
> change, since it works on the other PC.
>
> Any tips appreciated to trouble shoot and hopefully find a solution.
>
> Thanks

Autotune 3, a audio processing Directx program

> What program?

> "jtsnow" <jtsnow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> During installation of a program I get the message:
>> "GLJ2.tmp has encountered a problem and needs to close"
>> How can I find the source of the issue and hopefully fix it?
>>
>> Details:
>> This program was previously installed and worked fine for a long time
>> until I recently uninstalled and tried to reinstall..
>> The same file works fine on another PC.
>> This is a DirectX program.
>> I have XP SP2, DirectX 9.
>>
>> What I tried:
>> I have tried starting in every compatibility mode...w/same result.
>> I have tried to install during Safe Mode...same result.
>> I have stopped all firewall, virus, worms scans...same result
>> I have successfully installed on another PC w/XP SP2.
>> I have done a system restore to a week earlier...same bad result.
>>
>> I must be something that is configured on my PC that I hope is easy to
>> change, since it works on the other PC.
>>
>> Any tips appreciated to trouble shoot and hopefully find a solution.
>>
>> Thanks

Upgrade to Auto-Tune 4 at
http://www.antarestech.com/products/auto-tune4.html#upgrade. If you
purchased Auto-Tune 3 after 12/1/2003 you are entitled to a free upgrade.

> Autotune 3, a audio processing Directx program

>> What program?
>>
>> --
>> "jtsnow" <jtsnow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> During installation of a program I get the message:
>>> "GLJ2.tmp has encountered a problem and needs to close"
>>> How can I find the source of the issue and hopefully fix it?
>>>
>>> Details:
>>> This program was previously installed and worked fine for a long time
>>> until I recently uninstalled and tried to reinstall..
>>> The same file works fine on another PC.
>>> This is a DirectX program.
>>> I have XP SP2, DirectX 9.
>>>
>>> What I tried:
>>> I have tried starting in every compatibility mode...w/same result.
>>> I have tried to install during Safe Mode...same result.
>>> I have stopped all firewall, virus, worms scans...same result
>>> I have successfully installed on another PC w/XP SP2.
>>> I have done a system restore to a week earlier...same bad result.
>>>
>>> I must be something that is configured on my PC that I hope is easy to
>>> change, since it works on the other PC.
>>>
>>> Any tips appreciated to trouble shoot and hopefully find a solution.
>>>
>>> Thanks

thing is ,Autotune 3 installs and works great on my other PC.

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 00:42:56 -0800, jtsnow wrote:

> During installation of a program I get the message:
> "GLJ2.tmp has encountered a problem and needs to close"
> How can I find the source of the issue and hopefully fix it?
>
> Details:
> This program was previously installed and worked fine for a long time until
> I recently uninstalled and tried to reinstall..
> The same file works fine on another PC.
> This is a DirectX program.
> I have XP SP2, DirectX 9.
>
> What I tried:
> I have tried starting in every compatibility mode...w/same result.
> I have tried to install during Safe Mode...same result.
> I have stopped all firewall, virus, worms scans...same result
> I have successfully installed on another PC w/XP SP2.
> I have done a system restore to a week earlier...same bad result.
>
> I must be something that is configured on my PC that I hope is easy to
> change, since it works on the other PC.
>
> Any tips appreciated to trouble shoot and hopefully find a solution.
>
> Thanks

Set Folder Options to show hidden files and folders. Open Windows Explorer
to ..\Document and Settings\<your account>\Local Settings\Temp. Delete the
contents of the Temp folder (leave the folder alone). Also check the
...\Windows\Temp folder and again delete the contents of the folder.

Try the program installation again.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

ill try it right now...thanks!

> On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 00:42:56 -0800, jtsnow wrote:
>
>> During installation of a program I get the message:
>> "GLJ2.tmp has encountered a problem and needs to close"
>> How can I find the source of the issue and hopefully fix it?
>>
>> Details:
>> This program was previously installed and worked fine for a long time
>> until
>> I recently uninstalled and tried to reinstall..
>> The same file works fine on another PC.
>> This is a DirectX program.
>> I have XP SP2, DirectX 9.
>>
>> What I tried:
>> I have tried starting in every compatibility mode...w/same result.
>> I have tried to install during Safe Mode...same result.
>> I have stopped all firewall, virus, worms scans...same result
>> I have successfully installed on another PC w/XP SP2.
>> I have done a system restore to a week earlier...same bad result.
>>
>> I must be something that is configured on my PC that I hope is easy to
>> change, since it works on the other PC.
>>
>> Any tips appreciated to trouble shoot and hopefully find a solution.
>>
>> Thanks
>
> Set Folder Options to show hidden files and folders. Open Windows Explorer
> to ..\Document and Settings\<your account>\Local Settings\Temp. Delete the
> contents of the Temp folder (leave the folder alone). Also check the
> ..\Windows\Temp folder and again delete the contents of the folder.
>
> Try the program installation again.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Ok..I deleted all files in Windows/temp and Windows/prefetch and in the
Registry I deleted the software folders with the application and rebooted.

Same problem. I tried installing many times and the Error message keeps
referencing GLJa.tmp...or GLJ2t.tmp...etc. It just keeps incrementing the
file name. but always GLJ*.tmp

Ill google and see if that hits anything.
thanks!

> On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 00:42:56 -0800, jtsnow wrote:
>
>> During installation of a program I get the message:
>> "GLJ2.tmp has encountered a problem and needs to close"
>> How can I find the source of the issue and hopefully fix it?
>>
>> Details:
>> This program was previously installed and worked fine for a long time
>> until
>> I recently uninstalled and tried to reinstall..
>> The same file works fine on another PC.
>> This is a DirectX program.
>> I have XP SP2, DirectX 9.
>>
>> What I tried:
>> I have tried starting in every compatibility mode...w/same result.
>> I have tried to install during Safe Mode...same result.
>> I have stopped all firewall, virus, worms scans...same result
>> I have successfully installed on another PC w/XP SP2.
>> I have done a system restore to a week earlier...same bad result.
>>
>> I must be something that is configured on my PC that I hope is easy to
>> change, since it works on the other PC.
>>
>> Any tips appreciated to trouble shoot and hopefully find a solution.
>>
>> Thanks
>
> Set Folder Options to show hidden files and folders. Open Windows Explorer
> to ..\Document and Settings\<your account>\Local Settings\Temp. Delete the
> contents of the Temp folder (leave the folder alone). Also check the
> ..\Windows\Temp folder and again delete the contents of the folder.
>
> Try the program installation again.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User