Nymri PW - lowmagic, lowxp, permadeath, etc

Nymri

A roleplaying server with focus on reality want to announce that we
have higher taxes than other servers.

Q: Does this make it easier to survive in the wilderness?
A: No, you'll likely die... permanently.
Q: Does the taxes make me find lots of magic weapons of good quality?
A: No, there's not much magic here, and your equipment will probably
break as well.
Q: Can I be a noble if I want?
A: Most likely not, your background is decided with a lottery first
time you log on.
Q: Leveling must be easy here, since it's so dangerous.
A: No, at a constant rate of 200 XP/h, you need to play a lot to
level.
Q: Well.. as long as we all get along together, right?
A: The races in Nymri are usually very sceptical towards eachother,
half-elves will meet a lot of prejudice from elves and others.
Q: What do you do for all the taxes?
A: We strive to have one DM per five players and those things cost.
Welcome!

lobster

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2004

"Fredrik" <fredrik@vaguelibrary.com> wrote in message
> Nymri
>
> A roleplaying server with focus on reality want to announce that we
> have higher taxes than other servers.
>
> Q: Does this make it easier to survive in the wilderness?
> A: No, you'll likely die... permanently.
> Q: Does the taxes make me find lots of magic weapons of good quality?
> A: No, there's not much magic here, and your equipment will probably
> break as well.
> Q: Can I be a noble if I want?
> A: Most likely not, your background is decided with a lottery first
> time you log on.
> Q: Leveling must be easy here, since it's so dangerous.
> A: No, at a constant rate of 200 XP/h, you need to play a lot to
> level.
> Q: Well.. as long as we all get along together, right?
> A: The races in Nymri are usually very sceptical towards eachother,
> half-elves will meet a lot of prejudice from elves and others.
> Q: What do you do for all the taxes?
> A: We strive to have one DM per five players and those things cost.
> Welcome!

Where would one find the nymri.hak that is needed?
What do you mean by "Taxes"?

http://www.nymri.org/fileattachments/haks/Nymri.zip

> What do you mean by "Taxes"?

Each character is taxed on the amount of gold and gems they have. The
tower of Durmont has a tax rate of 30%.

There's more information at www.nymri.org - I forgot to post the
address before.