Sign in with
Your question

E4300 @ 2.7GHz cold boot problem

Last response: in Overclocking
February 6, 2007 10:06:06 PM

A beginner here: using 300MHz FSB, 2.66 DRAM multiplier, 100MHz PCIe frequency and everything else at auto/default my system seemed stable enough (I was able to install XP). Feeling pretty good about the 50% gain, so I shut down the computer. Turning it back on a few hours later, the thing wouldn't boot at first, then after 2-3 automatic tries by DS3 the POST screen showed up with all my OC settings disabled.

Has anyone ever had a similar problem? If not, any ideas as to what the cause could be? All comments are welcome, thanks in advance.
February 7, 2007 5:47:49 AM

I think you got a bad e4300 which is really common, especially if it was a oem.

I don't think you can do much if you ran into a wall already. All you can do is raise your cpu voltage and hope for the best. The e4300 loves voltage and stocks sometimes doesn't do it.
February 7, 2007 7:00:16 AM

Really appreciate the respond... It's not too bad as I've just got the problem solved by upgrading to the latest BIOS (F10). I can't OC it any higher than that, but 2.7GHz with default voltage is good enough for me.
February 7, 2007 8:41:38 AM

Glad you got things worked out. The batch of OEM chips Fry's has for such a good deal are turning out to be very poor overclockers 8O . The retail chips have had no such issues.
!