Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Social worker

Last response: in Opinions and Experiences
Anonymous
December 29, 2010 2:14:38 PM

Hello,
My child was taken by a social worker. Is there any way to get her back??

More about : social worker

December 29, 2010 2:36:02 PM

Call the agency that is handling the case. See what the violations are, and how to resolve it. If they are going to seek termination of your parental rights, you will want to get a lawyer.
December 29, 2010 3:21:23 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Forum Feedback to section Opinions and Experiences by Aford10
Related resources
December 29, 2010 5:25:51 PM

aford10 said:
Call the agency that is handling the case. See what the violations are, and how to resolve it. If they are going to seek termination of your parental rights, you will want to get a lawyer.

+1^

Get an attorney. See what your rights are. If you can't afford one, reach out to 211 and see if there are any government programs to assist you with legal expenses. You'd be surprised at what's out there.
Anonymous
December 30, 2010 8:28:23 AM

After getting on phone, how do I call agency--what category is it under? And what category for lawyer? Are there any cheats? Thanks.
December 30, 2010 1:23:03 PM

Just dial 211 if you're in the US and you'll get a hotline for government programs and services available to you. Other governments have something similar. If you have a welfare office or the like I GUARANTEE they have that information on hand. It's completely free and could help you out quite a bit. There are no "cheats" perse, you just have to go through the hotline. You'll want an attorney specialized in civil matters if no charges are being pressed against you. However, if you are being charged with a crime, you NEED an attorney specializing in criminal cases.

I hope this helps you and I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. Feel free to PM me with more information, as I think the mods will be closing this thread soon because of other's comments here (which have since been removed).
December 30, 2010 3:10:21 PM

If they are going to seek to terminate your parental rights, you need a lawyer that is experienced in family/probate court.

The government assistance can be helpful. However, I think the first thing you should do, is contact the agency that is dealing with your case. The case worker should have given you their contact information. If not, look them up on the internet, or in the phone book. If you know the agency name (I would hope so), it's easiest to just Google them, and you'll get the number and/or address.

TALK TO THE CASE WORKER! My wife was, and my cousin is foster care agents, dealing with exactly this. The main goal of the system, is to find a safe environment for the kids. However, the main hope, is always to keep the family together. If you can demonstrate that you are the best caretaker for that child, then you'll have a very good shot of getting her back.
Hope this helps.
December 30, 2010 3:14:49 PM

aford10 said:
If they are going to seek to terminate your parental rights, you need a lawyer that is experienced in family/probate court.

The government assistance can be helpful. However, I think the first thing you should do, is contact the agency that is dealing with your case. The case worker should have given you their contact information. If not, look them up on the internet, or in the phone book. If you know the agency name (I would hope so), it's easiest to just Google them, and you'll get the number and/or address.

TALK TO THE CASE WORKER! My wife was, and my cousin is foster care agents, dealing with exactly this. The main goal of the system, is to find a safe environment for the kids. However, the main hope, is always to keep the family together. If you can demonstrate that you are the best caretaker for that child, then you'll have a very good shot of getting her back.
Hope this helps.

Yes, definitely talk to the case worker. 100% necessary. You may even need to go to court if you can work it out with them.
Anonymous
December 31, 2010 10:52:18 AM

I am new to this, so I am confused. How can I dial 211? I've tried to find the social worker and a lawyer using the phone, computer, and newpaper, but am not able to. Anything you can tell me is greatly appreciated. Also, my other kids have bad grades and I can't get them up. One does homework, but grades won't go up. The other puts homework on desk which she won't sit at, so it doesn't get done. And I can't delete desk because homework is on the desk! Thank you.
December 31, 2010 5:01:19 PM

If you have a phone book, look up social services, or department of human services.
December 31, 2010 7:41:02 PM

Quote:
I am new to this, so I am confused. How can I dial 211? I've tried to find the social worker and a lawyer using the phone, computer, and newpaper, but am not able to. Anything you can tell me is greatly appreciated. Also, my other kids have bad grades and I can't get them up. One does homework, but grades won't go up. The other puts homework on desk which she won't sit at, so it doesn't get done. And I can't delete desk because homework is on the desk! Thank you.

it sounds like you are talking about a video game (the sims?). i think the people responding to this thread think your real children got taken...
December 31, 2010 8:00:35 PM

Yes, I was under the assumption that this was a real child.
January 1, 2011 8:33:23 PM

Yes, when I saw the word "cheat" I assumed something was amiss. So, just to clarify, this has to do with the Sims?
January 3, 2011 3:14:24 PM

This. Is. The. Greatest. Thread. Of. All. Time.

I'm dying of laughter.
January 4, 2011 2:05:34 AM

This topic has been closed by Buwish
!