amd athlon xp 3200+
1 gb value kingston ram
140gb western digital hdd
asus nvidia nforce2 ultra 400 (a7n8x-e deluxe)
visiontek x1950pro xge 256mb (** still have reciept i can return it by the end of the month)
i get about 7200 on 3dmark05 (*standard test)
i was wondering what do you guys think? should i keep the vid card with the sytem for a lil while longer i.e. 1 yr or upgrade now to:
when i play games, i usually like to max out details or as high as i possibly can, currently, it's a bit sluggish but bareable like in rainbow six vegas for example (1280x960 no AA/AF low shadows/motion blur everything else high/on)
If you are happy with your current system and it does what you want to do, then why get rid of it?
On the other hand if you feel that it longer performs to your expectations then by all means go ahead!
Personally, I would wait until at least Q2 2007 when Intel refresh the Core 2 Duo lineup. You can get the Core 2 Duo E6850, E6750 and E6650 that take advantage of the 1333MHz FSB. Or, look out for the E6320 and E6420 that are basically the E6300 and E6400 with 4MB of L2 cache and will apparently cost the same as the models they replace!