Problems after Installing HotU and SoU

ikke

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2004

Hey all!

I have a bit of a problem. I recently bought the expansions (while haven't
finished the original yet) but now one of my characters has a problem: I
have a fighter who has finished all quests in chapter one, and is about to
move on to the chapter finale (ritual in the ritual chamber stuff) but when
I talk to aribeth and chose the option to go there, the game runs into an
error. Suddenly I find myself in the multiplayer menus, with an error
message that the server won't allow me to play because I have an item
equipped with with a too high level, or something like that. (mind you, I'm
talking about single player, so I don't even understand what any server
would have to do with it :-S )

I messed a bit around, and found that if I drop the henchmen quest reward
items (the rings, necklaces etc) the game WILL continu, but not otherwise.
Of course, the game is a lot less fun if I can't do those quests in chapter
2 and further.....

Is this a known problem and can something be done to circumvent this
problem? also, I am afraid that my other character (who are in higher
chapters) will also get the same problem at the end of their
chapter......... Can anyone help?!?

hmmm - that sounds like a bug and shouldn't happen - but you could drop the
items and respawn them for yourself in chapter 2. You need the items if you
are to do the henchman quests in the later chapters - well, I don't know you
need them to do the quests but the items get upgraded when you complete the
later quests and I'm assuming the quests won't complete if you don't have
the objects.

Best wishes
Maxon

"ikke" <iemand@ergens.nl> wrote in message
> Hey all!
>
> I have a bit of a problem. I recently bought the expansions (while haven't
> finished the original yet) but now one of my characters has a problem: I
> have a fighter who has finished all quests in chapter one, and is about to
> move on to the chapter finale (ritual in the ritual chamber stuff) but
when
> I talk to aribeth and chose the option to go there, the game runs into an
> error. Suddenly I find myself in the multiplayer menus, with an error
> message that the server won't allow me to play because I have an item
> equipped with with a too high level, or something like that. (mind you,
I'm
> talking about single player, so I don't even understand what any server
> would have to do with it :-S )
>
> I messed a bit around, and found that if I drop the henchmen quest reward
> items (the rings, necklaces etc) the game WILL continu, but not otherwise.
> Of course, the game is a lot less fun if I can't do those quests in
chapter
> 2 and further.....
>
> Is this a known problem and can something be done to circumvent this
> problem? also, I am afraid that my other character (who are in higher
> chapters) will also get the same problem at the end of their
> chapter......... Can anyone help?!?

"ikke" <iemand@ergens.nl> wrote in message
> Hey all!
>
> I have a bit of a problem. I recently bought the expansions (while haven't
> finished the original yet) but now one of my characters has a problem: I
> have a fighter who has finished all quests in chapter one, and is about to
> move on to the chapter finale (ritual in the ritual chamber stuff) but
> when I talk to aribeth and chose the option to go there, the game runs
> into an error. Suddenly I find myself in the multiplayer menus, with an
> error message that the server won't allow me to play because I have an
> item equipped with with a too high level, or something like that. (mind
> you, I'm talking about single player, so I don't even understand what any
> server would have to do with it :-S )

In your neverwinter folder open the nwnplayer.ini and check your settings
for the Item Level
It should be set to 0. If it is at 0, try setting it to 1. That sometimes
cures the problem.

[Game Options]
Single Player ItemLevelRestrictions=0
Single Player Enforce Legal Characters=0

ikke

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2004

Well, it sounds like a solution... But how do I respawn items?

"Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> schreef in bericht
> hmmm - that sounds like a bug and shouldn't happen - but you could drop
> the
> items and respawn them for yourself in chapter 2. You need the items if
> you
> are to do the henchman quests in the later chapters - well, I don't know
> you
> need them to do the quests but the items get upgraded when you complete
> the
> later quests and I'm assuming the quests won't complete if you don't have
> the objects.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon
>

> "ikke" <iemand@ergens.nl> wrote in message
>> Hey all!
>>
>> I have a bit of a problem. I recently bought the expansions (while
>> haven't
>> finished the original yet) but now one of my characters has a problem: I
>> have a fighter who has finished all quests in chapter one, and is about
>> move on to the chapter finale (ritual in the ritual chamber stuff) but
> when
>> I talk to aribeth and chose the option to go there, the game runs into an
>> error. Suddenly I find myself in the multiplayer menus, with an error
>> message that the server won't allow me to play because I have an item
>> equipped with with a too high level, or something like that. (mind you,
> I'm
>> talking about single player, so I don't even understand what any server
>> would have to do with it :-S )
>>
>> I messed a bit around, and found that if I drop the henchmen quest reward
>> items (the rings, necklaces etc) the game WILL continu, but not
>> otherwise.
>> Of course, the game is a lot less fun if I can't do those quests in
> chapter
>> 2 and further.....
>>
>> Is this a known problem and can something be done to circumvent this
>> problem? also, I am afraid that my other character (who are in higher
>> chapters) will also get the same problem at the end of their
>> chapter......... Can anyone help?!?

ikke

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2004