Expensive contacts

I finally got a level 35 SO contact, Phillipa Meraux in Founder's. A
helpful 40 had bought me three 30 Dragon Defenses to slot my Stamina at 28,
so I knew those ran about 57k. (Although he dropped them on me free... I
love this game!)

I was surprised when I finally got this contact and did enough missions to
buy from her that her prices are INSANE! The same 30 Military Speed I can
get in Talos for about 36k is almost 20k more from her.

Generally, I've found contacts to be a little cheaper than stores. Is this
a bug of some kind? I'm pretty much done buying 30s (fully SO-slotted at
30-31), waiting for two more levels so I can buy 35s instead. But I sure
won't be buying any interim slot 30s from her!

What's the deal? And is there any other source for 30-35 Natural SOs?

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

Shenanigunner wrote:

> What's the deal? And is there any other source for 30-35 Natural SOs?

You want to hunt down Agent Six in Founders Falls. She's in a tunnel
slightly north of The Gaspee (the city zone on the East of Founders, I
think it's Gaspee) marker. Have an open mission slot when you talk to her
because you need to run a mission for her before she'll sell to you.
But then she's like a normally priced shop, rather than an expensive
contact shop.

--
John Parkinson

John Parkinson <jp--usenet--spam--trap@destiny.org.uk> wrote:
> You want to hunt down Agent Six in Founders Falls. She's in a tunnel
> slightly north of The Gaspee (the city zone on the East of Founders, I
> think it's Gaspee) marker. Have an open mission slot when you talk to her
> because you need to run a mission for her before she'll sell to you.
> But then she's like a normally priced shop, rather than an expensive
> contact shop.

I found Agent Six a little while ago, but she wouldn't deal with me, and
someone said she was a 40-45 contact. Now that I'm 30, she'll sell to me
after that establishing mission?

Doesn't explain why my other contact is so bloody expensive, though!

--

Shenanigunner wrote:
> John Parkinson <jp--usenet--spam--trap@destiny.org.uk> wrote:
>> You want to hunt down Agent Six in Founders Falls. She's in a tunnel
>> slightly north of The Gaspee (the city zone on the East of Founders, I
>> think it's Gaspee) marker. Have an open mission slot when you talk to her
>> because you need to run a mission for her before she'll sell to you.
>> But then she's like a normally priced shop, rather than an expensive
>> contact shop.
>
> I found Agent Six a little while ago, but she wouldn't deal with me, and
> someone said she was a 40-45 contact. Now that I'm 30, she'll sell to me
> after that establishing mission?

Yup. They'll give the mission out to anyone 30 or above.

> Doesn't explain why my other contact is so bloody expensive, though!

All my contacts are more expensive than the stores, I think.
Although I have to say I've never really checked prices - all I use them
for is to buy the non power 10 Enhs pre 30.

--
John Parkinson

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:34:11 -0000, Shenanigunner
<nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> wrote:

> Doesn't explain why my other contact is so bloody expensive, though!

Well, why are convenience stores more expensive than Wal-Mart? You're
paying extra for that convenience, and Wal-Mart is able to buy in bulk
and take advantage of economies of scale.

It's the same for your mission contacts versus stores and store
contacts. Either you pay extra for convenience (or, in the case of
the non-power-ten DOs at 12 and SOs at 22, being able to get them at
all) or else go to the stores where "we can get it for you wholesale."
--
Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
Robotech_Master |

Robotech_Master <robotech@eyrie.org> wrote:
> It's the same for your mission contacts versus stores and store
> contacts. Either you pay extra for convenience (or, in the case of
> the non-power-ten DOs at 12 and SOs at 22, being able to get them at
> all) or else go to the stores where "we can get it for you wholesale."

Generally, I've found contacts to be the same or a little cheaper than
stores - I assumed it worked the other way 'round, friend prices rather
than MSRP. :)

But this one contact is SO expensive it seems like a bug. Dragon Recharge
30 is 57600 from her, 36000 from Agent Six. And I couldn't buy from her
until half a dozen missions, unlike the almost trivial trial from Agent
Six.

Huh. Makes the respec/reslot issue much easier to choose.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
-= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 7 Natural Tanker, Inv/Stone, H =-

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:12:54 -0000, Shenanigunner
<nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> wrote:

> But this one contact is SO expensive it seems like a bug. Dragon
> Recharge 30 is 57600 from her, 36000 from Agent Six. And I couldn't
> buy from her until half a dozen missions, unlike the almost trivial
> trial from Agent Six.

Did you compare prices for Power 10s? They probably are still the
same or cheaper; it's just the non-power-10 that are more expensive.
You don't notice it mostly because until Six, there aren't any stores
that sell non-power-10 SOs. But go back to an old mid-20s contact and
compare the price of their non-10 DOs to what you can get in stores
about then; I think you'll see the same price increase.

In which case you're paying more for the rarity factor, too. :)

--
Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
Robotech_Master |
robotech@eyrie.org | Earn a free iPod and a free monitor or TV set!
| http://www.terrania.us/conga.html

Robotech_Master <robotech@eyrie.org> wrote:
> Did you compare prices for Power 10s? They probably are still the
> same or cheaper; it's just the non-power-10 that are more expensive.
> You don't notice it mostly because until Six, there aren't any stores
> that sell non-power-10 SOs. But go back to an old mid-20s contact and
> compare the price of their non-10 DOs to what you can get in stores
> about then; I think you'll see the same price increase.

Maybe. I'll make a note to compare when I have a chance.

In any event, spent my free respec on reordering my power choices (for
better exemplaring down to about lvl 20), rearranging my slotting, and
dumping off a whole buncha unneeded Enhs for cash.

I'm now six-slotted and loaded on Hasten, Health and Stamina, and loaded
for damage plus one acc each on my attacks. Ran one quick mission; it
looks good. Nice to be able to do it on a freebie. :)

Does Teleport gain ANY range with additional slotting? It seems to
deliver about 105 yards empty, and a whopping 110-115 yards slotted with
one SO range (I had it in the pile, so...) I don't rely on it as a major
travel power except over rough terrain, and to get out of tight spots,
but its range is disappointing...

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
-= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 7 Natural Tanker, Inv/Stone, H =-

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 01:07:28 -0000, Shenanigunner
<nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> wrote:

> Does Teleport gain ANY range with additional slotting? It seems to
> deliver about 105 yards empty, and a whopping 110-115 yards slotted with
> one SO range (I had it in the pile, so...) I don't rely on it as a major
> travel power except over rough terrain, and to get out of tight spots,
> but its range is disappointing...

Slotted with 1 End Reduc and 5 green +3 Ranges, it gets you about
205-210 yards per jump. Not too bad; it's faster than speed-capped
superspeed over long distances.