buying from Amazon; transferring number

I'm interested in buying a new Cingular plan and phone
from Amazon (in particular the Motorola 551). I currently
have a Sprint plan. What should I do to transfer my number
as soon as possible?

Thank you very much for any information.
3 answers Last reply
More about buying amazon transferring number

    John Navas wrote:

    > In <1103224055.042183.130250@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com> on 16 Dec
    2004
    > 11:07:35 -0800, digital_puer@hotmail.com wrote:
    >
    > >I'm interested in buying a new Cingular plan and phone
    > >from Amazon (in particular the Motorola 551). I currently
    > >have a Sprint plan. What should I do to transfer my number
    > >as soon as possible?
    >
    > Tell them to port your number when you sign up with Cingular. When
    the number
    > is ported by Cingular, your account at Sprint will be canceled
    automatically.
    > John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular>

    Thanks for the info.

    If I buy from Amazon, at what point do I sign up with
    Cingular? During the Amazon purchase, or after I've
    received the box?

    In <1103224055.042183.130250@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com> on 16 Dec 2004
    11:07:35 -0800, digital_puer@hotmail.com wrote:

    >I'm interested in buying a new Cingular plan and phone
    >from Amazon (in particular the Motorola 551). I currently
    >have a Sprint plan. What should I do to transfer my number
    >as soon as possible?

    Tell them to port your number when you sign up with Cingular. When the number
    is ported by Cingular, your account at Sprint will be canceled automatically.

    digital_puer@hotmail.com wrote:

    > If I buy from Amazon, at what point do I sign up with
    > Cingular? During the Amazon purchase, or after I've
    > received the box?

    I bought from Amazon and then took the phones to the local
    Cingular store. The local store activated the phones and
    ported our numbers. Note though, the process was pretty
    painful. It took a long time in the store and several
    follow ups with customer service to get everything right.

    Regards, Daniel

    | danielmbarton@yahoo.com |

Cingular Amazon Motorola Internet Service Providers