buying from Amazon; transferring number

Last response: in Network Providers
December 16, 2004 2:07:35 PM

I'm interested in buying a new Cingular plan and phone
from Amazon (in particular the Motorola 551). I currently
have a Sprint plan. What should I do to transfer my number
as soon as possible?

Thank you very much for any information.
Anonymous
December 16, 2004 9:13:55 PM

John Navas wrote:

> In <1103224055.042183.130250@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com> on 16 Dec
2004
> 11:07:35 -0800, digital_puer@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> >I'm interested in buying a new Cingular plan and phone
> >from Amazon (in particular the Motorola 551). I currently
> >have a Sprint plan. What should I do to transfer my number
> >as soon as possible?
>
> Tell them to port your number when you sign up with Cingular. When
the number
> is ported by Cingular, your account at Sprint will be canceled
automatically.
> John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;

Thanks for the info.

If I buy from Amazon, at what point do I sign up with
Cingular? During the Amazon purchase, or after I've
received the box?
Anonymous
December 17, 2004 1:04:42 AM

In <1103224055.042183.130250@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com> on 16 Dec 2004
11:07:35 -0800, digital_puer@hotmail.com wrote:

>I'm interested in buying a new Cingular plan and phone
>from Amazon (in particular the Motorola 551). I currently
>have a Sprint plan. What should I do to transfer my number
>as soon as possible?

Tell them to port your number when you sign up with Cingular. When the number
is ported by Cingular, your account at Sprint will be canceled automatically.
December 17, 2004 6:39:58 AM

digital_puer@hotmail.com wrote:

> If I buy from Amazon, at what point do I sign up with
> Cingular? During the Amazon purchase, or after I've
> received the box?

I bought from Amazon and then took the phones to the local
Cingular store. The local store activated the phones and
ported our numbers. Note though, the process was pretty
painful. It took a long time in the store and several
follow ups with customer service to get everything right.

Regards, Daniel

| danielmbarton@yahoo.com |