Sign in with
Your question

52" 1080p HDTV monitor system is coming together...

Last response: in Systems
February 7, 2007 4:40:16 AM

Yeah, I did it. I ended up spending roughly 2.6k

System is based around a JVC LCoS 1080p HDTV. That is the only part that has arrived so far, but I think it will work VERY well. I have tested it : text is razor sharp and default light output is so high that bright objects in games are hurt your eyes bright. It has a true resolution of better than 1920x1080, I will run my games at about 1860x1000 (correcting for some overscan)

This is a FANTASTIC display, the best I have ever seen for any purpose. And it is HUGE.

The rest of the system :

Sound : Sennheiser 580s driven by a SB Fatality X-Fi. .

GFX : went cheap, got a mere XFX 7900GS. Plan to upgrade in 6 months.

MB : Asus P5B. Cooler : thermaltake (the big one) Memory : crucial Corsair PC800. Processor : a C2D 6400. Overclock to 3.2ghz is the plan.

HD : Hitachi Deskstar 500K 320GB.

Power supply : OCZ GameXtream 600W. Case a Coolermaster.

As far as I know, a rock solid system with all name brand parts and a lightning fast processor and hard drive. Only weak point is the GPU : spending $360 pre rebate on an 8800GTS that will cost half that in 6 months didn't feel right.
March 8, 2007 3:52:53 PM

Looks great. I have a question. Will this rig be able to play games at 1080p? Does that card output 1080p?

I was hoping to get a similar system in the near term:
http://www.sharpusa.com/products/ModelLanding/0,1058,17...

I cant figure out (Googled all morning), if the 1900xt can output 1080p. I know is definately not HDCP compliant, so Blu-Ray/HD-DVD is out for now.

Thanks,
Related resources
March 8, 2007 6:44:52 PM

Quote:
Looks great. I have a question. Will this rig be able to play games at 1080p? Does that card output 1080p?

I was hoping to get a similar system in the near term:
http://www.sharpusa.com/products/ModelLanding/0,1058,17...

I cant figure out (Googled all morning), if the 1900xt can output 1080p. I know is definately not HDCP compliant, so Blu-Ray/HD-DVD is out for now.

Thanks,

given that my 6800 agp 128meg card can. i would say yes.

i have to use the VGA connector instead of the DVI(unsure if thats a gfx limitiation or TV, think its tv is the R1 of the westy 37")
March 8, 2007 7:28:15 PM

Quote:
crucial Corsair PC800

You dont say?

At least try to sound like you know what your talking about...

He probably meant to say PC2-8000 or DDR2 800. As I read your post, I notice you forgot several apostrophes, don't know the difference between your and you're, and replied with fragmented sentences. I'd say you came out at least twice as dumb and infinitely more like a jerk. Well done.
March 8, 2007 7:32:32 PM

Quote:
crucial Corsair PC800

You dont say?

At least try to sound like you know what your talking about...

He probably meant to say PC2-8000 or DDR2 800. As I read your post, I notice you forgot several apostrophes, don't know the difference between your and you're, and replied with fragmented sentences. I'd say you came out at least twice as dumb and infinitely more like a jerk. Well done.

maybe its that crucial and corsair are two different companies :p 
!