Xda IIS hangs...any tips?

May 5, 2005 7:57:05 AM

Hello, I 've recently bought a XdaIIs from O2. It is the O2
version of the Imate PDA2K.

I know PocketPCs hang/freeze sometimes but this Xda is
hanging too many time. I wonder if there is any way of
reducing the number of times I have to soft reset it.

It happens at least 3 4 times a day of a normal use.

Please if you have any idea let me know.

Thanks

More about : xda iis hangs tips

Anonymous
May 11, 2005 2:57:16 AM

"Sergio" <sergio.degregorio@gmail.com> of wrote:

>Hello, I 've recently bought a XdaIIs from O2. It is the O2
>version of the Imate PDA2K.
>
>I know PocketPCs hang/freeze sometimes but this Xda is
>hanging too many time. I wonder if there is any way of
>reducing the number of times I have to soft reset it.
>
>It happens at least 3 4 times a day of a normal use.

Take yourself off to http:\\www.tekguru.co.uk and read the FAQ about
removing O2 Active by running in corporate mode. Reports are that it
reduces the hangs and freezes a lot. Can't vouch for it myself, as I have a
T Mobile MDA Compact which doesn't hang or freeze in the first place.
--
Another victim of Modem Addictus
Steph Peters delete invalid from incm@sandbenders.demon.co.uk.invalid

what is the difference between corporate and the normal setup.

simber <sbamber69@hotmail.com> Wed, 11 May 2005 14:03:32 +0100

10 May 2005 22:57:16 Subject: Re: Xda IIS hangs...any tips?

"Sergio" <sergio.degregorio@gmail.com> of wrote:

> Hello, I 've recently bought a XdaIIs from O2. It is the O2 version of
> the Imate PDA2K.

> I know PocketPCs hang/freeze sometimes but this Xda is hanging too many
> time. I wonder if there is any way of reducing the number of times I
> have to soft reset it.

> It happens at least 3 4 times a day of a normal use.

Take yourself off to http:\\www.tekguru.co.uk and read the FAQ about
removing O2 Active by running in corporate mode. Reports are that it
reduces the hangs and freezes a lot. Can't vouch for it myself, as I have a
T Mobile MDA Compact which doesn't hang or freeze in the first place.
--
Another victim of Modem Addictus Steph Peters delete invalid from
incm@sandbenders.demon.co.uk.invalid Tatting, lace & stitching page
<http://www.sandbenders.demon.co.uk/index.htm&gt;
May 12, 2005 4:04:49 AM

simber <sbamber69@hotmail.com> of wrote:

>what is the difference between corporate and the normal setup.
>
>simber <sbamber69@hotmail.com> Wed, 11 May 2005 14:03:32 +0100
>
>=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 3.1

I don't know, as I don't have either. Go to the tekguru forum and read
about it.

--
Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.
Frank Leahy
Steph Peters delete invalid from incm@sandbenders.demon.co.uk.invalid
Tatting, lace & stitching page <http://www.sandbenders.demon.co.uk/index.htm&gt;
May 12, 2005 10:49:42 PM

"Steph Peters" <xda@sandbenders.demon.co.uk.delete.invalid> wrote in message
> simber <sbamber69@hotmail.com> of wrote:
>
>>what is the difference between corporate and the normal setup.
>>
>>simber <sbamber69@hotmail.com> Wed, 11 May 2005 14:03:32 +0100
>>
>>=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 3.1

Mine too - took it back for repair - took 2 weeks - got it back - crashed
1.5 hours later - took it back and now awaiting replacement.
!