AOL/ DSL

Other than the cost factor, does anyone have any reason to believe that there
is any compatibility problem accessing AOL using DSL? SBC would be my DSL
provider. Thanks fo any feedback

Have been doing it for two years. Usual problems are caused by the phone
company (Bell South server problems) or electrical outages (effecting modem
or router, even though on high quality surge suppressors). Never had an AOL
problem (so far!).

"Breadstick" <Breadstick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Other than the cost factor, does anyone have any reason to believe that
> there
> is any compatibility problem accessing AOL using DSL? SBC would be my DSL
> provider. Thanks fo any feedback

Never Had an Aol Problem??? Thats actually quite ironic, because i've always
considered aol the ultimate problem.

"M Skabialka" wrote:

> Have been doing it for two years. Usual problems are caused by the phone
> company (Bell South server problems) or electrical outages (effecting modem
> or router, even though on high quality surge suppressors). Never had an AOL
> problem (so far!).
>
> "Breadstick" <Breadstick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Other than the cost factor, does anyone have any reason to believe that
> > there
> > is any compatibility problem accessing AOL using DSL? SBC would be my DSL
> > provider. Thanks fo any feedback

When you do, ask AOL for their BYOA rate. Bring Your Own Access

"=?Utf-8?B?QnJlYWRzdGljaw==?=" <Breadstick@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in news:FB0AAECE-A305-4CCC-9ADD-142358CC8C4E@microsoft.com:

> Other than the cost factor, does anyone have any reason to believe
> that there is any compatibility problem accessing AOL using DSL? SBC
> would be my DSL provider. Thanks fo any feedback

isn't the cost factor enough ? aol for $23 or $24 a month PLUS the cost of
DSL ?

the real question is, do you take advantage of any of the AOL produced
content ?

if you do not, then i believe the parental controls may be the only reason,
but there is other software for that too.

i first got AOL in '94. had it for about 6 months, then went to a simple
ISP and never looked back. the one thing i really dislike about AOL is
there software. but then again, basically, that's really all AOL is,
software. i was helping out a friend the other day, needed to d/l Adaware,
which took over 6 and a half minutes on dial-up, and that was after waiting
for everything that AOL loads after a connection is made.

just curious, how many copies of AOL do you have on your pc right now ?

regards,

DanS

Would you even know if you were having a problem???