Can anyone recpmend a programme to compose and send text m..

May 5, 2005 5:00:00 PM

Hi all,
I'm looking for something I can write a message with and then have it
sent to the phone via bt and then sent off ?

Any recommendations ? I'm using a Dell x50v and a Nokia 6600 ?

Thanks

Ben
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 8:02:37 PM

Hi,
easysms - http://www.siedler-net.de/WinCE/easySMS/ - and free too

Pete

--
Pete Vickers
Microsoft .NET Compact Framework MVP

"Ben" <zenNOSPAM9643@NO_S_PA_AM-zen.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I'm looking for something I can write a message with and then have it
> sent to the phone via bt and then sent off ?
>
> Any recommendations ? I'm using a Dell x50v and a Nokia 6600 ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ben

May 5, 2005 8:26:27 PM

Humm, looks interesting... but after setup it just locks the pda up. just
says 'sending sms' and sticks there, I have to reset to get control back ?

Ben

"Pete Vickers [MVP]" <pete at gui - innovations dot com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> easysms - http://www.siedler-net.de/WinCE/easySMS/ - and free too
>
> Pete
>
> --
> Pete Vickers
> Microsoft .NET Compact Framework MVP
> HP Business Partner
> http://www.gui-innovations.com
>
> "Ben" <zenNOSPAM9643@NO_S_PA_AM-zen.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> > I'm looking for something I can write a message with and then have it
> > sent to the phone via bt and then sent off ?
> >
> > Any recommendations ? I'm using a Dell x50v and a Nokia 6600 ?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Ben

Anonymous
May 5, 2005 9:07:01 PM

Hi,
not used it for a while as now use XDAiiS, but it always used to work.
Configuring the phone could sometimes be tricky, but it always worked fine
in the end

Pete

--

> Humm, looks interesting... but after setup it just locks the pda up. just
> says 'sending sms' and sticks there, I have to reset to get control back ?
>
> Ben
>
> "Pete Vickers [MVP]" <pete at gui - innovations dot com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> easysms - http://www.siedler-net.de/WinCE/easySMS/ - and free too
>>
>> Pete
>>
>> --
>> Pete Vickers
>> Microsoft .NET Compact Framework MVP
>> HP Business Partner
>> http://www.gui-innovations.com
>>
>> "Ben" <zenNOSPAM9643@NO_S_PA_AM-zen.co.uk> wrote in message
>> > Hi all,
>> > I'm looking for something I can write a message with and then have
>> > it
>> > sent to the phone via bt and then sent off ?
>> >
>> > Any recommendations ? I'm using a Dell x50v and a Nokia 6600 ?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > Ben

May 6, 2005 2:13:22 AM

Did you enable Bluetooth on your PDA first? easySMS will lock up if you
dont. Some apps start BT up by themselves, but this one doesnt...(is the
Author listening?)

"Ben" <zenNOSPAM9643@NO_S_PA_AM-zen.co.uk> wrote in message

> Humm, looks interesting... but after setup it just locks the pda up. just
> says 'sending sms' and sticks there, I have to reset to get control back ?
>
> Ben
>
> "Pete Vickers [MVP]" <pete at gui - innovations dot com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> easysms - http://www.siedler-net.de/WinCE/easySMS/ - and free too
>>
>> Pete
>>
>> --
>> Pete Vickers
>> Microsoft .NET Compact Framework MVP
>> HP Business Partner
>> http://www.gui-innovations.com
>>
>> "Ben" <zenNOSPAM9643@NO_S_PA_AM-zen.co.uk> wrote in message
>> > Hi all,
>> > I'm looking for something I can write a message with and then have
>> > it
>> > sent to the phone via bt and then sent off ?
>> >
>> > Any recommendations ? I'm using a Dell x50v and a Nokia 6600 ?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > Ben

May 6, 2005 1:08:11 PM

"Jabba" <cymry2002@notmail.com> wrote in message
> Did you enable Bluetooth on your PDA first? easySMS will lock up if you
> dont. Some apps start BT up by themselves, but this one doesnt...(is the
> Author listening?)

Yes, bt running when prog was started. I've tried it a number of times and
I've now removed it. It would always lock the the device up, I'm guessing
that theres some compatablity issue ?

Ben

> "Ben" <zenNOSPAM9643@NO_S_PA_AM-zen.co.uk> wrote in message
> >
> > Humm, looks interesting... but after setup it just locks the pda up.
just
> > says 'sending sms' and sticks there, I have to reset to get control back
?

> > Ben
> >
> > "Pete Vickers [MVP]" <pete at gui - innovations dot com> wrote in
message
> >> Hi,
> >> easysms - http://www.siedler-net.de/WinCE/easySMS/ - and free too
> >>
> >> Pete
> >>
> >> --
> >> Pete Vickers
> >> Microsoft .NET Compact Framework MVP
> >> HP Business Partner
> >> http://www.gui-innovations.com
> >>
> >> "Ben" <zenNOSPAM9643@NO_S_PA_AM-zen.co.uk> wrote in message

May 6, 2005 2:33:25 PM

Once you get it running it doenst lock up...what COM-port did you set under
settings?

> "Jabba" <cymry2002@notmail.com> wrote in message
>> Did you enable Bluetooth on your PDA first? easySMS will lock up if you
>> dont. Some apps start BT up by themselves, but this one doesnt...(is the
>> Author listening?)
>>
> Yes, bt running when prog was started. I've tried it a number of times and
> I've now removed it. It would always lock the the device up, I'm guessing
> that theres some compatablity issue ?
>
> Ben
>
>> "Ben" <zenNOSPAM9643@NO_S_PA_AM-zen.co.uk> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Humm, looks interesting... but after setup it just locks the pda up.
> just
>> > says 'sending sms' and sticks there, I have to reset to get control
>> > back
> ?
>> >
>> > Ben
>> >
>> > "Pete Vickers [MVP]" <pete at gui - innovations dot com> wrote in
> message

May 7, 2005 1:58:14 PM

All of them, one at a time. I have never reset the device so many times.
Didn't matter which port it always locked up..

Ben

!