XP Home & Big Screen TV Resolution Issue

If someone can help me with this, I would greatly appreciate the help!

I am running XP Home connected to a large screen TV however the display
resolution is only at 4bit, and I cannot figure out how to change the
setting. The display settings only show 4 bit as the only option.... should i
re-install XP or is there another solution? BIOS settings, maybe?

Please help, this has been driving me nuts!

Thanks for any help,
Bill
3 answers Last reply
More about home screen resolution issue

    Post to microsoft.public.windowsmedia.

    "Leclarks2030" <Leclarks2030@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > If someone can help me with this, I would greatly appreciate the help!
    >
    > I am running XP Home connected to a large screen TV however the display
    > resolution is only at 4bit, and I cannot figure out how to change the
    > setting. The display settings only show 4 bit as the only option....
    > should i
    > re-install XP or is there another solution? BIOS settings, maybe?
    >
    > Please help, this has been driving me nuts!
    >
    > Thanks for any help,
    > Bill

    That sounds more like a video card problem.

    --
    Peter.
    Toronto, Canada.

    Leclarks2030 wrote:
    > If someone can help me with this, I would greatly appreciate the help!
    >
    > I am running XP Home connected to a large screen TV however the
    > display resolution is only at 4bit, and I cannot figure out how to
    > change the setting. The display settings only show 4 bit as the only
    > option.... should i re-install XP or is there another solution? BIOS
    > settings, maybe?

    4 bit? As in 16 colors? Are you sure you have proper drivers for your video
    card installed?

TV Resolution Windows XP Displays