XP Home & Big Screen TV Resolution Issue

February 25, 2005 1:04:31 PM

If someone can help me with this, I would greatly appreciate the help!

I am running XP Home connected to a large screen TV however the display
resolution is only at 4bit, and I cannot figure out how to change the
setting. The display settings only show 4 bit as the only option.... should i
re-install XP or is there another solution? BIOS settings, maybe?

Please help, this has been driving me nuts!

Thanks for any help,
Bill
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 4:07:25 PM

Post to microsoft.public.windowsmedia.

"Leclarks2030" <Leclarks2030@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If someone can help me with this, I would greatly appreciate the help!
>
> I am running XP Home connected to a large screen TV however the display
> resolution is only at 4bit, and I cannot figure out how to change the
> setting. The display settings only show 4 bit as the only option....
> should i
> re-install XP or is there another solution? BIOS settings, maybe?
>
> Please help, this has been driving me nuts!
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Bill

February 25, 2005 7:31:35 PM

That sounds more like a video card problem.

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada.
> Post to microsoft.public.windowsmedia.

> "Leclarks2030" <Leclarks2030@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> If someone can help me with this, I would greatly appreciate the help!
>>
>> I am running XP Home connected to a large screen TV however the display
>> resolution is only at 4bit, and I cannot figure out how to change the
>> setting. The display settings only show 4 bit as the only option....
>> should i
>> re-install XP or is there another solution? BIOS settings, maybe?
>>
>> Please help, this has been driving me nuts!
>>
>> Thanks for any help,
>> Bill

Anonymous
February 25, 2005 10:11:49 PM

Leclarks2030 wrote:
> If someone can help me with this, I would greatly appreciate the help!
>
> I am running XP Home connected to a large screen TV however the
> display resolution is only at 4bit, and I cannot figure out how to
> change the setting. The display settings only show 4 bit as the only
> option.... should i re-install XP or is there another solution? BIOS
> settings, maybe?

4 bit? As in 16 colors? Are you sure you have proper drivers for your video
card installed?
!