They are not as smart as you think

intelamduser

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2004
I have been traveling for a while and have spent my motel time reading the various trade articles and blogs.

Why is it that so many think that AMD has something up their sleeve and all of the sudden they are going to release something that will be like the second coming of christ?

A few years ago the manufactures held onto new technoligy until they could make back the money they spent developing current technoligy.

When AMD hurled a rock and hit Goliath(INTEL) in the head this all changed.

You can bet Intel will stay one to three steps ahead.

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
We have to hope, if AMD doesnt come out with something that will destory intel yet again the entire processor market will suffer, no more competition, we would just have to eat whatever crap intel comes out with.

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
Why is it that so many think that AMD has something up their sleeve and all of the sudden they are going to release something that will be like the second coming of christ?

That's because AMD actually stands for Anglican Ministry of Deities. :D

And....

MPILCH WILL YOU PUHLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ TELL ME WHO YOUR AVATAR IS? I HAVE OCD AND I HAVEN'T SLEPT IN A WEEK TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT! :lol:

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006

That's because AMD actually stands for Anglican Ministry of Deities. :D

And....

MPILCH WILL YOU PUHLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ TELL ME WHO YOUR AVATAR IS? I HAVE OCD AND I HAVEN'T SLEPT IN A WEEK TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT! :lol:Jeez...you've got OCD and STD's....i guess you're SOL. 8)

djgandy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
We have to hope, if AMD doesnt come out with something that will destory intel yet again the entire processor market will suffer, no more competition, we would just have to eat whatever crap intel comes out with.

This is a total contradiction though. AMD can make something that isn't as good as Intel but Intel are making crap?

if Intel = Crap then AMD must surely = Crapper?

eregular

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
lol cracks me up...I ain't gonna eat NO CRAP!!

You guys read that article on HardOcp about real world gaming differences between fx62 and x6800? (i think it was hardocp i can't find the article right now) but anyway overall framerates aren't that huge of a difference...and who honestly care if you have to wait another minute to encode some bigass file?! Nothing on the market is crap except for the netburst that intel is selling for a dollar a cpu...everything AMD h as made since K8 has been awesome, were just pissed cause AM2 showed no benefit and everyone who bought an AM2 system is going to have to get a new mobo if they want to continue upgrading along the AMD path.

Anyone know about Nforce 6xx series of mobos for AM2+?[/quote]

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
but anyway overall framerates aren't that huge of a difference...and who honestly care if you have to wait another minute to encode some bigass file?!

This news flash just in. There are some human beings who use their computers to make a living and not just blow holes in scaly butt-uglies. And when you're farting around with a 2GB file in Photoshop that "another minute" each action adds up to half the f***in' day. So all the gamerboy framerates in the world aint gonna help ya.

Calling AMD's next gen/uArch the 2nd coming is the verbiage that starts flame wars.

No one expected AMD to hit 1GHz before Intel let alone release products that put Intel in the passengers seat. Now that Intel has the C2D and new Xeon's and has taken back some of the market share, the industry and enthusiasts alike are waiting to see what AMD does next. And, by all accounts, Brisbane will not be the dog that some thought it would be.

Besides, in an industry with two primary players, what else are the blogs and articles going to be about, Via's Eden?! Which, incidentally, is pretty impressive at up to 1.5GHz and only 7.5w!!!

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
I have been traveling for a while and have spent my motel time reading the various trade articles and blogs.

A few years ago the manufactures held onto new technoligy until they could make back the money they spent developing current technoligy.

When AMD hurled a rock and hit Goliath(INTEL) in the head this all changed.

It's called competition; Intel held the monopoly and AMD broke in.

TRENDING THREADS