Same character from OC to SOU - stupid?

I dig playing my half-elf barbarian a whole lot. I don't feel like making a
whole new character. I just completed the original campaign.

Would starting a level 16 half-elf barbarian in SOU be terrible? Would it
ruin the SOU campaign for me?
8 answers Last reply
More about same character stupid

    Dumbjaw wrote:
    > I dig playing my half-elf barbarian a whole lot. I don't feel like making a
    > whole new character. I just completed the original campaign.
    >
    > Would starting a level 16 half-elf barbarian in SOU be terrible? Would it
    > ruin the SOU campaign for me?

    I'd imagine the game would be horribly easy for you, since it's designed
    for level 1. You could use a leveling mod to bring your guy back down to
    a more reasonable level.

    It would make it over-easy for you - not much of a challenge. Your original
    character should have been saved at level 1 - you could start off with that.
    Or you could start HOTU with your original character - even though HOTU is
    strictly a follow on to SOU.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Dumbjaw" <dumbjaw@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > I dig playing my half-elf barbarian a whole lot. I don't feel like making
    > whole new character. I just completed the original campaign.
    >
    > Would starting a level 16 half-elf barbarian in SOU be terrible? Would it
    > ruin the SOU campaign for me?

    I enjoyed taking my Wizard through the OC and both expansions. Finished at
    level 32. Some of the fights in SOU were easy I'll grant you as I started at
    20 I believe but I left the game on the Difficult setting throughout. At least
    I had to be careful where i aimed. ;-)

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:06:27 GMT, "Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com>
    wrote:

    >It would make it over-easy for you - not much of a challenge. Your original
    >character should have been saved at level 1 - you could start off with that.
    >Or you could start HOTU with your original character - even though HOTU is
    >strictly a follow on to SOU.
    >
    >Best wishes
    >Maxon
    >

    >"Dumbjaw" <dumbjaw@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I dig playing my half-elf barbarian a whole lot. I don't feel like making
    >> whole new character. I just completed the original campaign.
    >>
    >> Would starting a level 16 half-elf barbarian in SOU be terrible? Would it
    >> ruin the SOU campaign for me?

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Dumbjaw wrote:
    > I dig playing my half-elf barbarian a whole lot. I don't feel like making a
    > whole new character. I just completed the original campaign.
    >
    > Would starting a level 16 half-elf barbarian in SOU be terrible? Would it
    > ruin the SOU campaign for me?

    That depends. Do you care about combat...at all? It would be a lot
    like playing in god-mode. If you only want to see the plot (and don't
    care about it making sense for your PC), it doesn't matter.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:23:57 GMT, Kish <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote:

    >Dumbjaw wrote:
    >> I dig playing my half-elf barbarian a whole lot. I don't feel like making a
    >> whole new character. I just completed the original campaign.
    >>
    >> Would starting a level 16 half-elf barbarian in SOU be terrible? Would it
    >> ruin the SOU campaign for me?
    >
    >That depends. Do you care about combat...at all? It would be a lot
    >like playing in god-mode. If you only want to see the plot (and don't
    >care about it making sense for your PC), it doesn't matter.

    That was my point when I chose to take a single character through he all 3
    campaigns. I still use him for modules that I download now.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    > I dig playing my half-elf barbarian a whole lot. I don't feel like making
    > whole new character. I just completed the original campaign.
    >
    > Would starting a level 16 half-elf barbarian in SOU be terrible? Would it
    > ruin the SOU campaign for me?

    In the beginning it'll be quite easy, but near the end enemy numbers scale
    with the character level so that even a level 20 char gets a challenge.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    After serious thinking Dirk Dreidoppel wrote :
    >> I dig playing my half-elf barbarian a whole lot. I don't feel like making a
    >> whole new character. I just completed the original campaign.
    >>
    >> Would starting a level 16 half-elf barbarian in SOU be terrible? Would it
    >> ruin the SOU campaign for me?
    >
    > In the beginning it'll be quite easy, but near the end enemy numbers scale
    > with the character level so that even a level 20 char gets a challenge.

    Very true... also don't forget you can increase the difficulty level
    from the options menu and / or play without henchmen...

    --
    As we passed on
    It seemed as if those scenes

    --- Meriwether Lewis.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    If you want a challenge, don't. But if you want the game to be easy and you
    want to upgrade your character, it's a good idea.

    "Dumbjaw" <dumbjaw@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > I dig playing my half-elf barbarian a whole lot. I don't feel like making
    > whole new character. I just completed the original campaign.
    >
    > Would starting a level 16 half-elf barbarian in SOU be terrible? Would it
    > ruin the SOU campaign for me?

Games Video Games