Random Accounts getting locked out

Been having issues with different accounts getting locked out. It seems to
be a different bunch of users each day. I see in the event log that there
are a bunch of 12294 event id's. There is nothing really suspicious except
the fact that it shows the users listed multiple times. Is there anyone
that can give me a few pointers on what to look at? I haven't found much on
the subject. Thanks.

Perry
1 answer Last reply
More about random accounts locked

    Hi,

    Here
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7AF2E69C-91F3-4E63-8629-B999ADDE0B9E&displaylang=en
    you can find Account lockout and management tools that might be able to help
    you find why your accounts are getting locked out.

    What could cause this are e.g. old mapped network shares reconnecting with
    cached credentials or it could be a bit more serious e.g. someone is running
    a script that is locking users out...

    I hope this helps.

    Mike

    "Perry Rutter" <prutter@lutzcpa.com> wrote in message
    > Been having issues with different accounts getting locked out. It seems
    > be a different bunch of users each day. I see in the event log that there
    > are a bunch of 12294 event id's. There is nothing really suspicious
    > except
    > the fact that it shows the users listed multiple times. Is there anyone
    > that can give me a few pointers on what to look at? I haven't found much
    > on
    > the subject. Thanks.
    >
    > Perry

Security Microsoft Windows