share file without password

I am using Window 2000 Professional in my office.
Everytime I want to share folder to other co-worker within
office, their computers are also requested password to
enter my share folder even I share the folder without
regulation.

P.S I login with user in administrator group.

Thanks for your help

You need to set up a user on your computer using the same username and
password the user you want to have access to the folder, uses to log on to
their computer. Then grant this user proper access to the shared folder by
right clicking the folder, selecting properties - security tab - add.

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

"Jack Lee" <roylee_98@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am using Window 2000 Professional in my office.
> Everytime I want to share folder to other co-worker within
> office, their computers are also requested password to
> enter my share folder even I share the folder without
> regulation.
>
> P.S I login with user in administrator group.
>
> Thanks for your help

Unless you have the guest account enabled, then user authentication is
reqired to access a share on a W2K computer. You can add their user accounts
and passwords to your computer user list or you can enable the guest account
which will allow eveyone and anyone access to any share on your computer
that has everyone permissions to both the share and folder ntfs
ermissions. --- Steve