Network Bridging in Windows 2000 Server (Standard Edition)

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 16, 2004 4:58:27 AM

I have a standard install of Win 2K Server setup as a PDC.
In this server there are 2x NIC's 1 of which is a
100MB/Sec and the other is 1000MB/Sec. These two nics are
connected to 2 seperate networks. Is there anyway that i
can set up these nics so that each network (100 & the
1000) can pass through each other (like a simple switch)
because at the moment each network can see the server, but
they can't pass through the server to each other.

any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks in Advance

Mike
Anonymous
June 16, 2004 8:09:01 AM

Hi Mike,

You should use Microsoft's RRAS service for this. You need to install it from the Windows Components in Add/Remove apps. Once installed, a configuration wizard will walk you through what you want to set the Server up as.

Hope this helps,
Steve

!