local SAM export to another local SAM

Hi,

we currently run a 2000 server as a file server. we have local groups set up that contain NT4 domain global groups to allow access to local files. I need to export the local 2000 server groups to another server that we are migrating to. how can I export the local SAM from our old 2000 File server and export these groups and their members onto our new 2003 File Server?

Thanks

Look into addusers from the Resource Kit. The link below discusses domains
but it will export user/group info into a file that can be imported into
another computer. By default user passwords will be blank and user will be
required to change password at next logon. I believe you can change that by
putting the info into a WP or spreadsheet if need be. I don't know how it
will hande the domain global groups but it is worth looking into and easy
enough to test out. Of course have a current backup before you try. ---
Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;264769
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=199878 --- explains the syntax
http://www.petri.co.il/download_free_reskit_tools.htm -- availble here