When I purchased my PC in came with Works and I couldn't receive a lot of
emails from Word so I purchased a Word CD and downloaded it.
I now just bought a lap top which also didn't come with Word and my
questiond are:
Am I allowed to use the Word CD I registered to download it into my lap and
if so, It seems that I can't find the CD but I have my certification number,
can I download it from the web or do I have to buy another Word CD?
Thanks for your help (in advance),

Post in microsoft.public.word.newusers (even though you aren't a new user).

"Surfista" <Surfista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I purchased my PC in came with Works and I couldn't receive a lot of
> emails from Word so I purchased a Word CD and downloaded it.
> I now just bought a lap top which also didn't come with Word and my
> questiond are:
> Am I allowed to use the Word CD I registered to download it into my lap
> and
> if so, It seems that I can't find the CD but I have my certification
> number,
> can I download it from the web or do I have to buy another Word CD?
> Thanks for your help (in advance),

You may install Word on your laptop once you
obtain a new Word installation CD from Microsoft.

Ref: http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/2/5/12538ba0-3d24-4f00-aab1-dd9ff4aacfc9/en_client_eula.pdf

How to replace lost, broken, or missing Microsoft software or hardware
;326246]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];326246

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Surfista" wrote:

| When I purchased my PC in came with Works and I couldn't receive a lot of
| emails from Word so I purchased a Word CD and downloaded it.
| I now just bought a lap top which also didn't come with Word and my
| questiond are:
| Am I allowed to use the Word CD I registered to download it into my lap and
| if so, It seems that I can't find the CD but I have my certification number,
| can I download it from the web or do I have to buy another Word CD?
| Thanks for your help (in advance),

map

"Surfista" wrote:

> When I purchased my PC in came with Works and I couldn't receive a lot of
> emails from Word so I purchased a Word CD and downloaded it.
> I now just bought a lap top which also didn't come with Word and my
> questiond are:
> Am I allowed to use the Word CD I registered to download it into my lap and
> if so, It seems that I can't find the CD but I have my certification number,
> can I download it from the web or do I have to buy another Word CD?
> Thanks for your help (in advance),

You can download a "word viewer" free of charge that will enable you to open
e/mail attachments to read them only.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=95E24C87-8732-48D5-8689-AB826E7B8FDF&displaylang=en

You could always purchase the retail boxed version of Word from a shop.
Then you can run it whereever you like, as long as it is only installed on
one computer, or as per the EULA. (it may even allow for installation on a
laptop and desktop as long as both are not in use simultaneously).