Best company to buy a PC from?

seller417

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2010
so i have been researching computers for the past 2 months (since my pc died) and have looked at several different gaming computer customizing websites.

Cyberpower
Ibuypower
Centaurus
Dell
pcusa

one thing is common they all have negative feedback along with positive feedback.

is there a concesus company to buy a customized pc from that has the least amount of issues? or do you just roll the dice if you opt to not build it yourself?

seller417

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2010
I'm almost there Psycho, I just dont trust myself with doing that just yet. There has got to be a good company out there to buy a customized computer...right?

The Black Alchemist

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2011
Wrong... there are plenty online shops that assembly your pc... and it is pretty cheap...
Or if you have the many buy smth form Alienware... you can customize your pc...

rhagan

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2011
There are a lot of good companies that will build a quality gaming rig, and have a solid reputation.
Dell - No, not great for hard-core gaming.
Alienware - No, far too pricey.
Cyberbower / IbuyPower - Why all the hype about this company? I've read a lot of terrible reviews.

I found two really good companies...
Centaurus - lot's of options - standard 3 year warranty - good prices.
Magic Micro - the largest seller on E-bay, with almost spotless reputation, good selections, good prices.

I'm thinking of going with Magic Micro, unless I can find a better company in the next couple of weeks.

I don't want build my own.

Any other suggestions?

seller417

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2010
I think i am going to build this computer. I just went to Magic Micro and put the build i wanted in (couldn't choose ram brand & mobo's/gpu's and just about everything was limited) and it came out to almost $1200 (usd)

using new egg and purchasing the parts (that i want) separately, and building it myself, I will save about $400. I doubt i will ever buy another pre-built pc again.

galeener

Distinguished
Ive bought from cyberpower before never had any issues. I got my sons gaming system and the wifes PC from there. I built the one I use though.
They seem to do fine with mid range pc s but I have seen a lot of neg feed back from their high end systems.
They also have a year warranty parts and 3 year service. Just was easier to get a couple systems from them when I needed to I guess I'm getting lazy in my old age as I used to build all of our systems. Only ever had one Issue with one of the systems and that was after the warranty expired my gigabyte ud4-p mother board went to a stat it kept going through power cycle when powered on.
Did everything your supposed to do then sent it into gigabyte for rma been gone 3 weeks no emails or anything yet exept that they received it. I read it takes them a while to get it back to you though.

Salt-City_Slasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
I have bought computers from CircuitCity(when it was an actual store), BestBuy(since they ran CircuitCity our of Utah, along with CompUSA), and now as of the last two years I have primarily bought all my parts from NEWEGG.COM!

I also buy parts from: Frozencpu.com(more specialty items), and tigerdirect!

Newegg and FrozenCpu are my top two favorites!

I would say Newegg always has every major part at the best price, and have the best selection with the best search bar.

Frozencup is for when I need specialty items for sleeving cables, skinny fans, and any cosmetics you can think of!

AGPC

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
one little note: BESTBUY RIPS YOU OFF!! my grandmom spent 1000$ on a 1Tb pc
its CPU was not that great and it only had On-board video but she thinks they know eveything about Pcs

AGPC

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
Oh and newegg is the way to go. havent bought any pc parts from them but compred to some other stores Newegg has better deals

addiktet

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2011
Beware of newegg their billing department was atrociously slow and that was with paying for expidited... you may get a little better price but you'll wait longer for it.

*** if I can suggest a great option ***
I deal with all the major companies including local repair contractors in my area and I can say without a doubt that *Dell* WITH the Gold support warranty is the best bar non except for their Gold support on their business class. If you dont mind the extra cost, you get fantastic service, next day business hardware support, an English speaking tech on the phone.

Dell standard warranty is as crappy as the rest however.

Steph01

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
For anyone looking for a great computer service i'll recommend Macro IT Services - only because i've had fantastic experiences with them from buidling my home personalised pc to managing the network of my small business. If i've got an issue they fix it right on the spot or as soon as they possibly can through remote support.

I explained what I need and advised me of which is the best way to go. It's the best ever. Way cheaper too.

Sometimes they have great offers too, like now they're offering free genuine anti-virus with any computer service - as advertised on the banner of their home page .

I've added all the links to make your life easier

All the best!

Steph