Invisiable log from Event Viewer

Hi,
In one server's event viewer, the system log 2,209 events cannot show up.
What's happening?
Thanks,
Roger

I am not quite sure I understand your question but first you may want to try
increasing the size of the log or configure to overwrite events as necessary. Also
see the links below on corruption of EV log files. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;172156
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829246

"RQ" <r.qian@inetmail.att.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
> In one server's event viewer, the system log 2,209 events cannot show up.
> What's happening?
> Thanks,
> Roger

Thanks, Steve.
It shows 2,209 events in the system log but just can't see them. There's no
any error message. Application log is fine.
Roger

> I am not quite sure I understand your question but first you may want to
try
> increasing the size of the log or configure to overwrite events as
necessary. Also
> see the links below on corruption of EV log files. --- Steve
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;172156
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829246
>
> "RQ" <r.qian@inetmail.att.net> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > In one server's event viewer, the system log 2,209 events cannot show
up.
> > What's happening?
> > Thanks,
> > Roger

As Steven suggested, change the properties of the system log (and *all*
logs) so that "overwrite as needed" is selected, and bump up the max sizes a
lot. I'd do 20MB each if it were me.

RQ wrote:
> Thanks, Steve.
> It shows 2,209 events in the system log but just can't see them.
> There's no any error message. Application log is fine.
> Roger
>

> "Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@nospam-comcast.net> wrote in message
>> I am not quite sure I understand your question but first you may
>> want to try increasing the size of the log or configure to overwrite
>> events as necessary. Also see the links below on corruption of EV
>> log files. --- Steve
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;172156
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829246
>>
>> "RQ" <r.qian@inetmail.att.net> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>> In one server's event viewer, the system log 2,209 events cannot
>>> show up. What's happening?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Roger

Thank you all.
I cleaned up the syslog and then I can see them and also made the changes
you suggested.
Roger

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> As Steven suggested, change the properties of the system log (and *all*
> logs) so that "overwrite as needed" is selected, and bump up the max sizes
> lot. I'd do 20MB each if it were me.
>
> RQ wrote:
> > Thanks, Steve.
> > It shows 2,209 events in the system log but just can't see them.
> > There's no any error message. Application log is fine.
> > Roger
> >

> > "Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@nospam-comcast.net> wrote in message
> >> I am not quite sure I understand your question but first you may
> >> want to try increasing the size of the log or configure to overwrite
> >> events as necessary. Also see the links below on corruption of EV
> >> log files. --- Steve
> >>
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;172156
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829246
> >>
> >> "RQ" <r.qian@inetmail.att.net> wrote in message