security in windows 2000 profeesional

hi..
I want the secure for the users as , The users should not
be able to delete files or folders whereas they should be
able to create, rename files and folders in case of
windows 2000 proffsional for standalone system..
Please suggest any NTFS permission or any local security
policy..
Thanking you,
Sanjay

ss_joshi@hotmail.com
1 answer Last reply
More about security windows 2000 profeesional

    In that case give them no more than read/list/execute/write permissions which may not
    allow then to rename files and folders but it will prevent them from deleting them.
    Another option may be to add the creator owner group with modify permissions which
    will allow users to rename and delta only folders THEY create which would be based on
    ownership. --- Steve

    "Sanjay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi..
    > I want the secure for the users as , The users should not
    > be able to delete files or folders whereas they should be
    > able to create, rename files and folders in case of
    > windows 2000 proffsional for standalone system..
    > Please suggest any NTFS permission or any local security
    > policy..
    > Thanking you,
    > Sanjay
    >

    > ss_joshi@hotmail.com