It's a pity, my duo core can't run rainbow six vegas

ladex142

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007
Hi everyone, i have a hp dv9030us with Intel Centrino duo core processor of 1.6Ghz each....ok, i installed Rainbow six Vegas and i found out that my pc doesn't meet the minimum requirement for rainbow six to run (1.86Ghz or so).

Now my question is that is there a way i can make rainbow six (and all other games that requires cpu speed above my cpu speed) take advantage of the two processor of the duo core so as to meet up with the speed required.

I would be glade to know anyway i can overcome this problem because i can't handle the idea that my Pc would not be able to run Supreme Commander!!

ajfink

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
Did you try it or did it tell you you can't play it? It's kind of a new game, not sure if they were feeding you a P4-related number or not.

ripper998

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
Its not your CPU its your video card. Doesnt support Geforce 7600 2 go laptop graphics.

* Supported Video Cards at Time of Release

ATI RADEON X1600/X1800/X1900

NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT/6800/7300/7600/7800/7900

Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
Hi everyone, i have a hp dv9030us with Intel Centrino duo core processor of 1.6Ghz each....ok, i installed Rainbow six Vegas and i found out that my pc doesn't meet the minimum requirement for rainbow six to run (1.86Ghz or so).

Now my question is that is there a way i can make rainbow six (and all other games that requires cpu speed above my cpu speed) take advantage of the two processor of the duo core so as to meet up with the speed required.

I would be glade to know anyway i can overcome this problem because i can't handle the idea that my Pc would not be able to run Supreme Commander!!

To play that you will need SLI or an 8800 with a fast CPU. I don't think there are many laptops out there ready for that yet.

ajfink

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006

To play that you will need SLI or an 8800 with a fast CPU. I don't think there are many laptops out there ready for that yet.

Not really. Just about any modern graphics card can handle it to some extent.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

Not really. Just about any modern graphics card can handle it to some extent.

Sure, if you run at 640x480 without the eye candy. I think Anand just did a review of this game with a G80 and it took a big hit.

13806.png

That was at 1280x960 with an X6800.

Linkage!

papi4baby

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2006
It is because it is based when the Ghz was still the measuring factor for performance with CPU's, some companies still do it. Your cpu at 1.6 is almost as a P4 at 3.0 or so.

If anything is holding you back is your GFX card, not your cpu.

Let me correct you BM.

"To play that you will need SLI or an 8800(GT+) with any AMD processor, even an old Duron 800mhz will do since it is vastly superior to your centrino 1.8ghz. However, you cant get laptops these days with Duron processors because of a conspiracy by Intel.

/lol laugh

ladex142

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007
Wao, thanks guys for the quick response...so my computer specs is not supported....so that means i've no hope for Supreme Commander either.

Did you try it or did it tell you you can't play it? It's kind of a new game, not sure if they were feeding you a P4-related number or not.
Yes i tried it, and the error message pops up and shuts the whole thing down.

ladex142

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007
It is because it is based when the Ghz was still the measuring factor for performance with CPU's, some companies still do it. Your cpu at 1.6 is almost as a P4 at 3.0 or so.

If anything is holding you back is your GFX card, not your cpu.

Really, i've been wondering about that myself, thanks for the info.

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006

To play that you will need SLI or an 8800 with a fast CPU. I don't think there are many laptops out there ready for that yet.Funny you'd mention SLI, as it is not yet supported by Rainbow Six Vegas. His problem is likely not having a Shader Model 3.0 compliant videocard.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

To play that you will need SLI or an 8800 with a fast CPU. I don't think there are many laptops out there ready for that yet.Funny you'd mention SLI, as it is not yet supported by Rainbow Six Vegas. His problem is likely not having a Shader Model 3.0 compliant videocard.

The point was that the game is a resource hog. Did you not look at the review? An X6800/8800GTX only got 62 fps at 1280. How is that JUST compliance. He would need a VooDooPC laptop to play this game at 1280.

A X1900XT only got 30fps.

ladex142

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007
I think at the long run, I'll be looking at upgrading my graphic card...but i don't even know how to go about that, do you guys have any recommendation on the graphic card to upgrade to that would guarantee that I'll be able to play any pc game for some years to come. Plus how do i install it or have a technician do it for me....

ripper998

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
normally laptop graphics cards are built in to the motherboard and are impossible to switch out. So you have to buy a whole new laptop.

ajfink

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
Yeah, that is at a high resolution with max quality. Turn some of the glitz off and the FPS would rise dramatically (making it very playable on those and other lesser GPUs). Not everyone can afford top-of-the-line hardware, and game developers know that. Also, the X6800 seems a bit irrelevant as it seems to be a very GPU-bound game.

I did some Google searching and it doesn't look like the ard is replaceable, though it should be.

Assuming it is:
1.) What are the compatible cards? support.hp.com will tell you.
2.) I recomend looking at the specs at support.hp.com. If the card is removable from the bottom, the self replacing is not too hard. If not, then take it to a shop, as taking apart a laptop for the first time is not that fun, when its your own laptop.

Vash-HT

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2006
Wao, thanks guys for the quick response...so my computer specs is not supported....so that means i've no hope for Supreme Commander either.

I wouldn't count SC out yet, it runs much much better than R6:V does. Actually the demof or SC came out yesterday, so you could give that a try.

ladex142

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007

I wouldn't count SC out yet, it runs much much better than R6:V does. Actually the demof or SC came out yesterday, so you could give that a try.

I'll do that right away...

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
My laptop said the same thing with my Core 2 Duo T5600 @ 1.86ghz. To my understanding I though it did take advantage of the dual core, but I could be wrong. My laptop was able to run the game, but as others have said, I just had to run at low res and medium detail lvls to make it enjoyable. My rig in the sig runs the game fine with everything turned on or up and res of 1280x960, but my main rig destroys my laptop, which has 1.5gb of memory, the processor above, and an X1600 mobility!

Best,

3Ball

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
I have the E6600 and when installing, it said I couldn't play the game, but it runs fine.

My video card (a lowly 7600GT) plays it fine at 1280X1024 with a few settings lower than max.

I am not sure about playing it on a laptop, but it runs fine with an E6600 and 7600GT.