Resetting Administrator Password W/O knowing old one

I am unable to change software on my PC as I do-not know
the Administator Password. The chap who knew the password
unfortunately passed away which is very sad, however PC
life goes on & I have since tried to upgrade to XP but
without knowing the Admin'r password I cannot do it.
I know there has to be a way without wiping the drive,so
if anyone has the solution to my problem & they could tell
me, you would make me a very happy man !
1 answer Last reply
More about resetting administrator password knowing

    What you need to use is an Offline Password editor, go to:
    http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ and download the iso image from
    there, burn it to CD and boot from it. Follow the instructions carefully and
    reset the password to blank. I personally have had 100% success with this
    program and have never corrupt an OS. However, it would be prudent for you
    to back up the system/data before hand.

Windows