XP + Network problems

Cyprus

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2001
I am having problems...
I have a computer that is connected to my school network and for some reason i cant connect anymore. I have a live jack but for some odd reason my computer won’t connect (it has worked fin in the past and i haven’t changed anything). My settings are correct in TCP/IP, IP and DNS are both set to obtain automatically. Could there be some way that XP got corrupted? Any help would be great

<font color=blue><b> cyprus </b></font color=blue>
"What's another word for thesaurus?"
Steven Wright

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
are you getting an ip address? in a command window type ip config. that will tell you if you are getting an ip address. if you are, ping the default gateway. report back here with your findings.

wpdclan.com cs game server - 69.12.5.119:27015

Cyprus

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2001
Nope, can’t seem to get an IP, like i said i know my port is live because it works on another computer. Any other ideas?? For some reason i think something in XP (extra problems) has been corrupted.

<font color=blue><b> cyprus </b></font color=blue>
"What's another word for thesaurus?"
Steven Wright

riser

Illustrious
when you type in ipconfig, what do you get for an ip address? You can try ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew to try to obtain a new ip address.
Try setting your NIC to 100-full Duplex under its hardware settings and restarting.
Report back what your IP address is.

Riser