how did gp change on its own

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
June 18, 2004 8:50:17 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

I have a new domain setup and was adding users and computer to the new
domain. Recently I added a new user and now his profile is
Lockdown..meaning there permission has been alter so they can not chang
network setting, clock setting stuff like that.. Limited permission ...
how did this change if I didn't do I and what steps do I take to correct it

domain is widows 2003

users are mixed

More about : change

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 18, 2004 8:50:18 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

Group Policy doesn't change on its own. Policies are inheritable. This can
cause some unexpected behaviorisms. Otherwise, most likely someone manually
edited the policies, altered the settings via the registry, or ran a script
to alter the policies.

Dusty Harper
Microsoft Corporation
This posting is provided "AS IS", with NO warranties and confers NO rights

"James" <jgrace@digitelusa.net> wrote in message

> I have a new domain setup and was adding users and computer to the new
> domain. Recently I added a new user and now his profile is
> Lockdown..meaning there permission has been alter so they can not chang
> network setting, clock setting stuff like that.. Limited permission ...
> how did this change if I didn't do I and what steps do I take to correct
it

> domain is widows 2003
>
> users are mixed

June 20, 2004 7:41:05 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

ok thanks for the reply ....well how do you allow the domain users to be
able to change the ip address... now they get a pop up saying that they have
permission limitations lockdown
"Dusty Harper {MS}" <DHarper@Online.Microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Group Policy doesn't change on its own. Policies are inheritable. This
can
> cause some unexpected behaviorisms. Otherwise, most likely someone
manually
> edited the policies, altered the settings via the registry, or ran a
script
> to alter the policies.

> Dusty Harper
> Microsoft Corporation
> This posting is provided "AS IS", with NO warranties and confers NO rights
>
> "James" <jgrace@digitelusa.net> wrote in message
> >

> > I have a new domain setup and was adding users and computer to the new
> > domain. Recently I added a new user and now his profile is
> > Lockdown..meaning there permission has been alter so they can not chang
> > network setting, clock setting stuff like that.. Limited permission
> > how did this change if I didn't do I and what steps do I take to
correct
> it
> >
> > domain is widows 2003
> >
> > users are mixed

June 21, 2004 5:53:59 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

now heres the kicker . today my own profile is locked down and im in the
admin domain and enterpris admin group. what is going on

!