how did gp change on its own

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

I have a new domain setup and was adding users and computer to the new
domain. Recently I added a new user and now his profile is
Lockdown..meaning there permission has been alter so they can not chang
network setting, clock setting stuff like that.. Limited permission ...
how did this change if I didn't do I and what steps do I take to correct it

domain is widows 2003

users are mixed
3 answers Last reply
More about change
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

    Group Policy doesn't change on its own. Policies are inheritable. This can
    cause some unexpected behaviorisms. Otherwise, most likely someone manually
    edited the policies, altered the settings via the registry, or ran a script
    to alter the policies.

    Dusty Harper
    Microsoft Corporation
    This posting is provided "AS IS", with NO warranties and confers NO rights

    "James" <jgrace@digitelusa.net> wrote in message

    > I have a new domain setup and was adding users and computer to the new
    > domain. Recently I added a new user and now his profile is
    > Lockdown..meaning there permission has been alter so they can not chang
    > network setting, clock setting stuff like that.. Limited permission ...
    > how did this change if I didn't do I and what steps do I take to correct
    it

    > domain is widows 2003
    >
    > users are mixed

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

    ok thanks for the reply ....well how do you allow the domain users to be
    able to change the ip address... now they get a pop up saying that they have
    permission limitations lockdown
    "Dusty Harper {MS}" <DHarper@Online.Microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Group Policy doesn't change on its own. Policies are inheritable. This
    can
    > cause some unexpected behaviorisms. Otherwise, most likely someone
    manually
    > edited the policies, altered the settings via the registry, or ran a
    script
    > to alter the policies.

    > Dusty Harper
    > Microsoft Corporation
    > This posting is provided "AS IS", with NO warranties and confers NO rights
    >
    > "James" <jgrace@digitelusa.net> wrote in message
    > >

    > > I have a new domain setup and was adding users and computer to the new
    > > domain. Recently I added a new user and now his profile is
    > > Lockdown..meaning there permission has been alter so they can not chang
    > > network setting, clock setting stuff like that.. Limited permission
    > > how did this change if I didn't do I and what steps do I take to
    correct
    > it
    > >
    > > domain is widows 2003
    > >
    > > users are mixed

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

    now heres the kicker . today my own profile is locked down and im in the
    admin domain and enterpris admin group. what is going on
    > ok thanks for the reply ....well how do you allow the domain users to be
    > able to change the ip address... now they get a pop up saying that they
    have
    > permission limitations lockdown
    > "Dusty Harper {MS}" <DHarper@Online.Microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Group Policy doesn't change on its own. Policies are inheritable. This
    > can
    > > cause some unexpected behaviorisms. Otherwise, most likely someone
    > manually
    > > edited the policies, altered the settings via the registry, or ran a
    > script
    > > to alter the policies.
    > >
    > > --
    > > --
    > > Dusty Harper
    > > Microsoft Corporation

    > > This posting is provided "AS IS", with NO warranties and confers NO
    rights

    > > "James" <jgrace@digitelusa.net> wrote in message
    > > >

    > > > I have a new domain setup and was adding users and computer to the new
    > > > domain. Recently I added a new user and now his profile is
    > > > Lockdown..meaning there permission has been alter so they can not
    chang
    > > > network setting, clock setting stuff like that.. Limited permission
    > > > how did this change if I didn't do I and what steps do I take to
    > correct
    > > it
    > > >
    > > > domain is widows 2003
    > > >
    > > > users are mixed