erikthegreat

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
Will the ninja fit my DQ6? Or would someone recommend something different that was equally effecient/quiet? I have read nothing but great reviews on the ninja. The system will be a c2d 6300.

Erik

erikthegreat

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
I was kind of on the fence between the freezer 7 pro and the ninja. I would prefer not to modify my mobo if possible. And i have read the 7 pro can be a little loud. Any help?

Erik

sruane

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
Use a fan with a PWM connector so the motherboard can control the fan speed. I'm using a Zallman and when my thermal load is low, that CPU fan spins at only 700rpm, but it spools up pretty good when the heat is on.

erikthegreat

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
Have you been pretty happy with that combination? This is going to be my first build (to oc) and have been trying to slowly piece things together based on 5 million reviews and as many opinions :D So far i have the DQ6, c2d 6300, 2gig crucial ballistic cl4, and a ocz gamestream 700w ps. I have decided on the 1950xt for the vid card just havent paid :cry: for it yet. Now it's just a matter of a good cooler and a case. Yours looks pretty nice what kind? I was leaning towards the thermaltake tsunami...nothing to flashy and a good fan front and back. Any ideas? Thanks by the way for your time and comments.

Erik

erikthegreat

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
Whith our mobo only having 2 fan control plugs (cpu and 1 other) are there adapters or splitters so i can have my 2 or 3 case fans controlled from the mobo as well?

sruane

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
I removed it to install mine. Some have used longer screws, but that sets the board too high in the case for the backplane slots to line up right.

The plate is easy to remove without damaging it.

erikthegreat

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
I am getting about tired of doing all this research for this build. Cant hardly find a PWM fan out there. I had conviced myself to go with the ultra 120 HSF but i cant find a good/quiet fan to go with it. I think i am now going to go with the zalman 9500 (i think thats what you have) although it seems to be very heavy it has had good reviews although its not the quietest i guess. This PWM fan header must be relatively new because there is not much info or fans for this yet.

sruane

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
PWM headers are common on Intel-chipset motherboards. And, you're right - Other than the stock Intel cooler, there aren't many PWM fans out there. Yes, its heavy, but its really well supported by the backplate and doesn't wobble around when you grab the fins and try to wobble it.