why are my new user profiles limited

i have a new domain and the new user limited permission and right like can
not set there clocks ....now is the future this is a good thing. but for
now i dont know how they got locked down... this just started happening out
the blue.......i can not find where the policy are coming from ... I still
have the default gp in place and under that the default dc gp..... please
help i have window 2003 dc's and user are mixed
2 answers Last reply
More about user profiles limited

    Hi James,

    Users should not be able to change clocks on their PCs. Computers that are
    members of domain synchronize their clock with DC and you should synchronize
    your DC clock with some trusted and reliable outside source. If the clock of
    your PC is off by more then 5 minutes (by default) compared to DC users
    won't be able to log on to domain.

    Other then that it sounds to me what you describe, that users don't have
    administrator privileges on their PCs, which is a very good policy to have
    inside a company (well in most cases)...

    You could always try and use Resultant set of Group Policy Snap-In to
    analyze what settings effect users permissions on their PCs.

    Mike

    "James" <jgrace@digitelusa.net> wrote in message
    >i have a new domain and the new user limited permission and right like can
    > not set there clocks ....now is the future this is a good thing. but for
    > now i dont know how they got locked down... this just started happening
    > out
    > the blue.......i can not find where the policy are coming from ... I still
    > have the default gp in place and under that the default dc gp.....
    > please
    > help i have window 2003 dc's and user are mixed

    Replied in m.p.security. Please don't multipost - if you need to post to
    multiple groups, it's best to crosspost instead, by posting a single message
    to a handful of relevant groups (separate the NG names with commas) so that
    everyone can follow the thread. Thanks :-)

    See http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm

    >> i have a new domain and the new user limited permission and right
    >> like can not set there clocks ....now is the future this is a good
    >> thing. but for now i dont know how they got locked down... this
    >> just started happening out the blue.......i can not find where the
    >> policy are coming from ... I still have the default gp in place and
    >> under that the default dc gp.....
    > please
    >> help i have window 2003 dc's and user are mixed

    "James" <jgrace@digitelusa.net> wrote in message

Windows