disable log on over network

We have a couple of accounts that nobody uses to log in to the domain.
Some we use for booking resources in outlook. Is there a way to deny
these accounts to log in the domain, but still have them active. Im
looking for a way just ike the policy "not log on localy" but rather
not log on remote.

Hi,

On Windows 2003 DC (I am not sure if this option is available on Windows
2000) I would create a security group and put all of these resource accounts
in this group. If you want to have this policy company (domain) vide then
Default Domain Group Policy and under Computer configuration drill down to
Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> User Rights
Assignment -> here look for e.g. Deny log on locally. Double click it and
enter group with resource accounts that you created earlier.

I hope this helps you out...

Mike

"greenbay" <greenbay@telia.com> wrote in message
> We have a couple of accounts that nobody uses to log in to the domain.
> Some we use for booking resources in outlook. Is there a way to deny
> these accounts to log in the domain, but still have them active. Im
> looking for a way just ike the policy "not log on localy" but rather
> not log on remote.

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 12:00:29 +0200, "Miha Pihler"
<mihap-news@atlantis.si> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Windows 2003 DC (I am not sure if this option is available on Windows
>2000) I would create a security group and put all of these resource accounts
>in this group. If you want to have this policy company (domain) vide then
>Default Domain Group Policy and under Computer configuration drill down to
>Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> User Rights
>Assignment -> here look for e.g. Deny log on locally. Double click it and
>enter group with resource accounts that you created earlier.
>
>I hope this helps you out...
>
>Mike
>
>"greenbay" <greenbay@telia.com> wrote in message
>> We have a couple of accounts that nobody uses to log in to the domain.
>> Some we use for booking resources in outlook. Is there a way to deny
>> these accounts to log in the domain, but still have them active. Im
>> looking for a way just ike the policy "not log on localy" but rather
>> not log on remote.

My problem isnt to disable log on locally, my problem is that the
accounts should not be able to logon the domain over network

Then user the other setting here. "Deny logon to this computer from the
network" and/or "Access this computer from the network".

First will disable logon, second will prevent accessing file shares etc...