System Administrator Password Reset

Ron

When Windows 2000 Pro was installed on my home-office
system a couple of years ago, the IT person (or I) failed
to write down the Administrator passcode. The system was
then set to default so that it would automatically launch
on START and the password was not required. Recently,
there were major ad bots and spyware problems which
required major maintenance. In the process, the system
administrator must have reverted to the original default
and is now asking for the password.

How can I recover access to my Word documents which
apparently are "hidden" because I do not remember the
original Administrator password? Is there some mechanism
for finding that or, better, changing it?

Thanks.

See
and/or
http://securityadmin.info/db/faqresults.asp?keyword=password&SType=AnyWord&CATID=Optional