1 logon per usename ?

Dear All,

one of my experiences was VMS operating system from which NT/2000 belong to,
and one of security's features was logon's number setting per username, so
if I perform a logon with a set of user/pwd another with the same set of
user/pwd elsewhere in the world cannot perform a logon until I logoff from
my session.

Please anyone of you could give me an help to implement this feature in NT /
2000 (parameter, policy,..)

Regards

Alberto Brivio

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 12:09:03 +0200, "Alberto Brivio" <a.brivio@adb.it> wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>one of my experiences was VMS operating system from which NT/2000 belong to,
>and one of security's features was logon's number setting per username, so
>if I perform a logon with a set of user/pwd another with the same set of
>user/pwd elsewhere in the world cannot perform a logon until I logoff from
>my session.
>
>Please anyone of you could give me an help to implement this feature in NT /
>2000 (parameter, policy,..)
>

>Regards
>

>Alberto Brivio

See tip 2290 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

I forgot an importan feature:

I would like prevent users from logging into web server using the same
username/password credential, so I'm lookink for an Internet solution
rather LAN solution.

"Alberto Brivio" <a.brivio@adb.it> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Dear All,
>
> one of my experiences was VMS operating system from which NT/2000 belong
to,
> and one of security's features was logon's number setting per username, so
> if I perform a logon with a set of user/pwd another with the same set of
> user/pwd elsewhere in the world cannot perform a logon until I logoff from
> my session.
>
> Please anyone of you could give me an help to implement this feature in NT
/
> 2000 (parameter, policy,..)
>

> Regards
>

> Alberto Brivio

You will have to come up with a custom solution, the OS (VMS or Windows)
will not do what you want natively. http is stateless, the credentials are
sent to the server every time a page is requested, in effect, a user is only
logged in while they are requesting web content, not while they are viewing
content. You would have to maintain state yourself and store information on
the server or in a cookie.

--
Eric Chamberlain, CISSP