connecting to broadband

Cmiller

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2004

my pc shuts down when connecting to broadband despite
having been checked for the sasser virus and worms.
message is ''c\windows\system32\1sass.exe terminating
unexpectedly with status code 128''

any ideas?

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

ok, so its been checked... but does it have a firewall and up to date virus
scanner running now? it only takes minutes for a machine to get hit with
sasser or any one of many other worms if exposed to the internet
unprotected.

"cmiller" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my pc shuts down when connecting to broadband despite
> having been checked for the sasser virus and worms.
> message is ''c\windows\system32\1sass.exe terminating
> unexpectedly with status code 128''
>
> any ideas?

Dave is correct and I just wanted to add were you also fully patch for all critical
updates at Windows Update site?? By the way, you are now infected per your
description. --- Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/sasser.mspx