LaunchSOP

Recently after restarting my computer, I have a on my task bar something
called "LauncSOP". What is this, do I need this and if not how do I get rid
of it.

Hi,

LauncSOP or LaunchSOP, niether is a standard Windows load. I would scan for
spy/ad infestations. Try both of these:

Adaware www.lavasoft.de
Spybot www.safer-networking.org

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"okiebeancounter" <okiebeancounter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:41EFD674-7BD1-42A0-895F-788828B53706@microsoft.com...
> Recently after restarting my computer, I have a on my task bar something
> called "LauncSOP". What is this, do I need this and if not how do I get
> rid
> of it.

Sidhu

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2004

Try this .....

Microsoft has released the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
to help remove specific, prevalent malicious software from computers that are
running Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Windows XP, or Microsoft
Windows 2000. The Malicious Software Removal Tool supersedes all
virus-cleaner tools that were previously released by Microsoft. You can
download the Malicious Software Removal Tool from the Microsoft Download
Center. You can also run an online version of the tool from the Malicious
Software Removal Tool Web site on Microsoft.com. To run the Malicious
Software Removal Tool from either location, you must log on to your computer
with an account that is a member of the Administrators group. If you are
running Windows XP, you can also run the Malicious Software Removal Tool from
the Windows Update Web site or by using Automatic Updates.

"okiebeancounter" wrote:

> Recently after restarting my computer, I have a on my task bar something
> called "LauncSOP". What is this, do I need this and if not how do I get rid
> of it.

Thanks for your help. Downloaded Removal tool and ran same. No malicious
software found.

Had rebooted a couple of times since first post. Does not show up on task
bar.

Again, thanks for your help.

"Sidhu" wrote:

> Try this .....
>

> Microsoft has released the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
> to help remove specific, prevalent malicious software from computers that are
> running Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Windows XP, or Microsoft
> Windows 2000. The Malicious Software Removal Tool supersedes all
> virus-cleaner tools that were previously released by Microsoft. You can
> download the Malicious Software Removal Tool from the Microsoft Download
> Center. You can also run an online version of the tool from the Malicious
> Software Removal Tool Web site on Microsoft.com. To run the Malicious
> Software Removal Tool from either location, you must log on to your computer
> with an account that is a member of the Administrators group. If you are
> running Windows XP, you can also run the Malicious Software Removal Tool from
> the Windows Update Web site or by using Automatic Updates.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/default.mspx
>

> "okiebeancounter" wrote:
>
> > Recently after restarting my computer, I have a on my task bar something
> > called "LauncSOP". What is this, do I need this and if not how do I get rid
> > of it.

NotAnExpert-0

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics

Recently after restarting my computer, I have a on my task bar something
called "LauncSOP". What is this, do I need this and if not how do I get rid
of it.

This is the Fujitsu "Service Oriented Platform", part of the Fujitsu scanner utility software (specifically the Twain Driver for a Fujitsu 4120f USB scanner, with a platform for cloud-based computing). It is not malware and it is not supposed to show up on the taskbar. You can ignore it. Rebooting may get rid of the button. But the only way to keep it from coming back is to stop using your Fujitsu scanner.