Access denied - Win2K Pro machine

I have a Win2k Pro machine that is on the domain but does
not allow connections from other machines/users in the
domain. I have a printer shared on that machine and
cannot for the life of me get access to it from any other
machine including the Domain Controller. I am using the
Domain Administrator account to try to make the connection
but get an "Access denied: You do not have permission to
connect to this network share or resource."

Thoughts?

Two XP Pro machines and a (DC)Windows 2000 Server with
Terminal Services installed are the other machines on the
network.
1 answer Last reply
More about access denied win2k machine

    On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 18:19:34 -0700, "Roger" <roger@roguetechnical.com>
    wrote:

    >I have a Win2k Pro machine that is on the domain but does
    >not allow connections from other machines/users in the
    >domain. I have a printer shared on that machine and
    >cannot for the life of me get access to it from any other
    >machine including the Domain Controller. I am using the
    >Domain Administrator account to try to make the connection
    >but get an "Access denied: You do not have permission to
    >connect to this network share or resource."
    >
    >Thoughts?

    The obvious thing to check is the access on the printer share, make
    sure there are no Deny permissions and that the appropriate domain
    group(s) have access. At the simplest, putting Domain Users and
    Domain Admins in the Local Administrator's group should allow access,
    though maybe more than you wish.

    Jeff

    >Two XP Pro machines and a (DC)Windows 2000 Server with
    >Terminal Services installed are the other machines on the
    >network.

Domain Windows