Error joining to windwos 2000 server

joey

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2003

hi guys,

I'm having a problem joining my windows xp pro to my windows 2000 server the
error is..(Multiple connection to a server or shared resources are the same
use, using more than one user name, are not allowed)any idea guys?

Many thanks,

Joey

In article <Ow50fyCWEHA.2816@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, in the
microsoft.public.win2000.security news group, joey <joeybolina@cyber-
dynamics.com> says...

> I'm having a problem joining my windows xp pro to my windows 2000 server the
> error is..(Multiple connection to a server or shared resources are the same
> use, using more than one user name, are not allowed)any idea guys?

The error means exactly what it says. You've already got one or more
connections to the domain controller using one set of user credentials
and the process of joining the box to the domain is trying to open
another connection using a different set of credentials. Open a command
prompt and type: net use * /d. Delete any connections you currently have
to the domain controller and then try to join the domain.

--
Paul Adare
Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.

joey

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2003

Thanks Paul..It's working now, my windows xp is connected now to my server

Many thanks,

Joey

"Paul Adare - MVP - Microsoft Virtual PC" <padare@newsguy.com> wrote in
message news:MPG.1b41d4712f3bf73d989988@msnews.microsoft.com...

In article <uRWoPHZWEHA.2408@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, in the
microsoft.public.win2000.security news group, joey <joeybolina@cyber-
dynamics.com> says...

> Thanks Paul..It's working now, my windows xp is connected now to my server
>
> Many thanks,

You're more than welcome Joey, glad we were able to get your issue
resolved.

--
Paul Adare
rights.