anyone ever Order from clubIT? I found a good deal....

kyosuke

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
I have always used Newegg for online computer purchases.. but to be quite honest their prices lately have been fluctuating ALOT.. some moronic even.

Simply put, I've been shopping around.

i found www.clubit.com (clubIT) and they have the motherboard that I want (P5N-E SLI) for sale @ $125.99 (139.99 @ newegg right now, regular $149.99 )

I've seen cheaper stuff there before too.

Has anyone used them?

I love Newegg and their quality, etc. but lately they've seemed shifty.

Thoughts?

NamelessMC

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2005
I have always used Newegg for online computer purchases.. but to be quite honest their prices lately have been fluctuating ALOT.. some moronic even.

Simply put, I've been shopping around.

i found www.clubit.com (clubIT) and they have the motherboard that I want (P5N-E SLI) for sale @ $125.99 (139.99 @ newegg right now, regular $149.99 )

I've seen cheaper stuff there before too.

Has anyone used them?

I love Newegg and their quality, etc. but lately they've seemed shifty.

Thoughts?

I've never worked with ClubIT before, but you should just check their seller rating at Pricegrabber.com and see.

I've found a lot of sites with great customer feedback that have killer prices compared to Newegg. Newegg's a little on a high horse right now. Their shipping is still fast, their prices are still competitive, but you always have to pay shipping and taxes if you live in California, and their prices aren't ALWAYS the best. Their combos also really suck in my opinion.

I love Newegg, I've dumped about $3,000 into computer parts through them, but for some parts it's better to go elsewhere.

I found C2D 4300 at ZipZoomFly for 8$ cheaper with FREE shipping.

I found a Gigabyte DS3 with 965P chipset at TheNerds.net for $125 and I don't have to pay taxes.

I found an Abit AB9 Pro at Mwave for $131.

I found a Pentium D 805 OEM with a FREE Intel HSF (making it retail without warranty) for $70 at stalliontek.

Remember, "when you know, you don't always Newegg."

kyosuke

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
yeah, that's why i'm interested in clubIT b/c that mobo is $15 less and even $20 less when you include shipping cost.. $125.99 + Free shipping is music to my ears.

Just want to be sure they're trusworthy :)

Newegg does good on most things still, but they fluctuate ALOT.

NamelessMC

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2005
yeah, that's why i'm interested in clubIT b/c that mobo is $15 less and even $20 less when you include shipping cost.. $125.99 + Free shipping is music to my ears.

Just want to be sure they're trusworthy :)

Newegg does good on most things still, but they fluctuate ALOT.

The problem with Newegg is that when something popular comes out, they have a competitive price to compete with the market, but once people start recommending you buy it from them via linking in recommendation threads, the price on that same part mysteriously goes up by like 3-4%.

The E4300 was $179 when it came out, now all of a sudden on Newegg it's up to $187. How'd that come about?

The same thing happens with video-cards, motherboards, ram deals. It's usually key components.

Newegg's navigation is second to none though. They have the best navigation to go through parts and see what you're looking for based on criteria.

A search engine that goes as detailed as what kind of ram set up you want, the speed, the pin and etc.

On a site like TheNerds.net in contrast though, all you get is "DDR2 SDRAM" and you have to browse through the results yourself to find the DDR667 chips.

chiefgabbai

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2007
I've never worked with ClubIT before, but you should just check their seller rating at Pricegrabber.com and see.

I would check their ratings on www.resellerratings.com as well.

Yes, Newegg has had some weird pricing issues lately. I was looking at the Arctic Cooler Freezer 7 Pro. It was $29.99 (higher than somewhere else I found it - can't remember where) and all of a sudden it went to $49.99. However, their customer service is great.

Syntonic

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2007
I have ordered once from ClubIT and called in even to cancel part of my order (there is no online canceling, you MUST call in which might be a slight negative when compared to Newegg.) I bought an e6300 from there awhile back.

It was done smoothly and easily with no problems. ClubIT has good ratings at several places if you want to check yourself including at the BBB (which even ZZF doesn't have that great of a record there.) There are plenty of other stores you should check outside of Newegg to get the best bang for your buck. While Newegg has great customer support with lots of options, other stores don't necessarily slack off on that either. Just keep in mind the charges for shipping etc.

Avoid Stalliontek.com. I don't know anything about thenerds.net but they have a F at the BBB. Pricewatch unfortunately lists many questionable online businesses but as long as you do some research, it's a good place to start. Slickdeals and Dealnews and other sites like that might also give you some great rebate opportunities that you wouldn't know about. Mwave works out well but make sure you realize what you are buying before you purchase. I've had no problems with them ever since I bought my celeron 300a from them. Even Tigerdirect sometimes has deals so keep them in mind too. Check out others such as Directron etc.