AMD 3700 upgrade...

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
AM2 or 939 ?
:x You have to post something more specific to what you are trying to ask us. You cannot just post 10 worded Thread and expect University lectures to follow upon your 10 words of an "upgrade" question.

Telling us your socket, your budget, your expectations on what you want(single or dual core) what will you use it for(why you want to upgrade). :roll: What rude people we have on these forums lately, and you wonder why we're(the regular forum users) getting mad at you.

All you do is game but what kind of games?? If you play old generation games then your current CPU is already overkill. Games do not usually take advantage of CPU upgrades, they take advantage of GPU upgrades.

I recommend a ATI X1950XTX or 8800GTS if you really want to see "Oomph" in games.

Wait for the ATI R600 Graphic Cards. Buy 2 of them on a Crossfire setup(if your motherboard supports it) and you'll see improvements (like having the high school hottie as a girlfriend and upgrading to Carmen Electra + Pamela Anderson 3-Some)

heartview

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
AM2 or 939 ?
:x You have to post something more specific to what you are trying to ask us. You cannot just post 10 worded Thread and expect University lectures to follow upon your 10 words of an "upgrade" question.

Telling us your socket, your budget, your expectations on what you want(single or dual core) what will you use it for(why you want to upgrade). :roll: What rude people we have on these forums lately, and you wonder why we're(the regular forum users) getting mad at you.

All you do is game but what kind of games?? If you play old generation games then your current CPU is already overkill. Games do not usually take advantage of CPU upgrades, they take advantage of GPU upgrades.

I recommend a ATI X1950XTX or 8800GTS if you really want to see "Oomph" in games.

Wait for the ATI R600 Graphic Cards. Buy 2 of them on a Crossfire setup(if your motherboard supports it) and you'll see improvements (like having the high school hottie as a girlfriend and upgrading to Carmen Electra + Pamela Anderson 3-Some)

Are you maybe taking your frustrations out on this person for nothing they have done personally?

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Starting 12 threads and replying 26 time's in 6 days time isn't a completely N00bish statistic to know that he or she should post something more meaning full than
i want to upgrade to a faster cpu,..
Yeah....So what can we do to help(do about it..)?

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Thanks for the support, You totally understood what i meant. I was just about to Edit for saying " You could have Socket 754 (your at best already) or 939(almost all Dual core's are out of stock or too expensive to make a fee sable upgrade to your current CPU) or AM2(compared to even the best dual core's your games won't get anywhere further from your current CPU)

Oh BTW congrats on your entry into the Thousands Club :D I'm only a few day's away from my entry.

TRENDING THREADS