Missing security tabs on properties box of folders

hi

When you go to a file on the c: and right click it and go to properties you get some tabs. On called general one summary and one security (and sometimes others sharing, version etc.). But on this pc it doesn't have the security tabs on it. It has win 2000 sp3

Can anybody please help me get them
2 answers Last reply
More about missing security tabs properties folders

    First make sure you are using ntfs file permissions on that computer - select the
    drive/properties and the file system will be listed. You can convert fat32 to ntfs in
    you need to. --- Steve

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/convertfat.mspx --- works
    the same for W2K

    "paul" <paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi
    >
    > When you go to a file on the c: and right click it and go to properties you get
    some tabs. On called general one summary and one security (and sometimes others
    sharing, version etc.). But on this pc it doesn't have the security tabs on it. It
    has win 2000 sp3

    > Can anybody please help me get them

    Hi,

    Security tab only appears if partition / hard drive is formated with NTFS
    not FAT or FAT32. If you need to change this, format your partition or hard
    drive with NTFS.

    I hope this helps,

    Mike

    "paul" <paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi
    >
    > When you go to a file on the c: and right click it and go to properties
    > you get some tabs. On called general one summary and one security (and
    > sometimes others sharing, version etc.). But on this pc it doesn't have
    > the security tabs on it. It has win 2000 sp3
    >
    > Can anybody please help me get them

Security Microsoft Windows