Managing User's Passwords

WE have a windows 2000 AD and would like each department
head to have the ability to change the password for their
personnel. Do not want to have each department head to
login at the server. How can I set it up that the
department head can change passwords at their pc?
1 answer Last reply
More about managing user passwords

    Hi Jim,

    you could delegate control over password resets by right clicking on OU and
    selecting Delegate Control. In Wizard, select account that you want to be
    able to reset the password and select the permission you want to give it
    (e.g. reset the password)...

    Next thing you need to do is to create custom MMC console with only OU that
    manager will manage in it...

    HOW TO: Create Custom MMC Snap-in Tools Using Microsoft Management Console
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;230263&Product=win2000

    I hope this helps you out...

    Mike

    "Jim" <jlange@netgainis.com> wrote in message
    > WE have a windows 2000 AD and would like each department
    > head to have the ability to change the password for their
    > personnel. Do not want to have each department head to
    > login at the server. How can I set it up that the
    > department head can change passwords at their pc?

Security Windows 2000 Microsoft Windows