Content Advisor Password......forgotten

I used my first granddaughters name for a password to my
Content Advisor . When the second grandchild was expected
I believed I added just a "1" behind the first
grandchild's name. But now.... nothing I do will work as a
password. I have my Content Advisor set so high that we
are blocked from receiving photo albums of friends not in
our address book. I have tried everything. I fear I must
have misprinted my password and since it shows up in code
while you write it.... I may never know what I put in the
last time. Is there ANYWAY to overide and put in the
password I can remember? Please someone help.

Rebekah (new grandmother with 2 grand babies)
1 answer Last reply
More about content advisor password forgotten

    The following steps will remove any password set in the Internet Explorer
    Content Advisor and allow you to reset the program to its original state.
    This involves editing the Windows Registry, which can leave your system in
    an unstable or unusable state and should only be performed if you're
    comfortable doing so.

    1) Click on Start and choose Run.

    2) Type in RegEdit and select OK.

    3) Now click on the little plus sign to the left of H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

    4) Continue to drill down, always clicking on the plus sign at the left of
    the named key, through Software, Microsoft, Windows, Current Version and
    Policies.

    5) Now click on the Ratings folder.

    6) In the right pane of the RegEdit window, you'll see an icon called Key.
    Click on it and press Delete.

    7) Next, choose Registry and then Exit to exit RegEdit. You've just deleted
    your original Content Advisor password.

    8) Restart the computer and run Internet Explorer again.

    9) Choose View and then Internet Options (or Options for version 3.x). For
    IE 5 or greater, Click on Tools, Internet Options.

    10) Click on the Content tab and click on Disable. When asked for a
    password, don't enter anything; just click on OK. This will disable Content
    Advisor because there's no longer a password.

    --
    ******************************
    Laura E. Hunter - MCSE, MCT, MVP

    "Rebekahh" <rebekahh@lowcountry.com> wrote in message
    >I used my first granddaughters name for a password to my
    > Content Advisor . When the second grandchild was expected
    > I believed I added just a "1" behind the first
    > grandchild's name. But now.... nothing I do will work as a
    > password. I have my Content Advisor set so high that we
    > are blocked from receiving photo albums of friends not in
    > our address book. I have tried everything. I fear I must
    > have misprinted my password and since it shows up in code
    > while you write it.... I may never know what I put in the
    > last time. Is there ANYWAY to overide and put in the
    > password I can remember? Please someone help.
    >

    > Rebekah (new grandmother with 2 grand babies)

Windows